PDA

View Full Version : miles mountain mx closed for atvs.

450r51
08-18-2005, 01:33 PM
just heard about this and im pissed cuz there were supposed to be 3 out of the last 7 races held there. this is for district 4 if ne one is interested.

riley racing
08-19-2005, 08:23 AM
I have to agree with you it does really suck. It is really limiting us to a few tracks in the area. I know they were not happy formthe start with the quads. Next weekend is a big weekend a Cohocton. IT is a Saturday and Sunday event. Hope to see you there. By the way what class do you run and what number are you. I know earlier that you stated that you have lined up with me? Just wondering.

450r51
08-19-2005, 11:55 AM
i race c along with my bro, i have a red 450r number 51, my bro has a red 400ex with lsr arms and elkas hes number 110. were hoping to make it to cohocton but both r quads r gettin fixed so we dont know if there gonna be ready. my bro usually races c with his 400ex and b if he races my quad.

riley racing
08-19-2005, 12:20 PM
I remember now. Nick & Chris. I remember racing with Nick at Cohocton last time in the D class and remember seeing you guys at Mapleshade. I know what it is like to have a machine down. With my husband and I sharing one it can suck if one wrecks it. Then with having to take care of our sons machine and our daughter machine it gets crazy. Hope to see you maybe at Mapleshade this weekend if not hopefully at Cohocton. Just to let you know that on September 11th at Mapleshade it is the Pro/Pro AM Quad day. I am trying to get Dunk, Natalie, Byrd, Luburgh and Wimmer to be there. Right now things are looking good so it should be a good race. Talk to you later.

450r51
08-19-2005, 12:37 PM
ya i knew about the race at mapleshade for about a year, my mom has become really good friends with dough and sherry lawson( the owners). were really hoping to make the race this weekend, but i crashed about a week or two ago and fractured my collar bone, my bro had to dumb close to a grand into his engine, and my buddy the kid on the yellow z400 with custom axis and arsfx arms number 55 ( thinks hes doug gust) just got the yoshi 450 kit in and weve been puttin his quad back together. were gonna prolly take this week off and race next week jsut so all of our quads r back together and we get to test out new parts, and make sure they r running top notch. we will more then likely make the race next week sunday.

riley racing
08-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Sorry about your crash. Sounds like some crappy luck. I remember #55 because my husband & I stated something to that fact about Gust. HA HA too funny. Well I know about taking some time off. Last weekend we did the samething. Running the Unadilla National the week before and the TT National at Ashtabula took a good dollar. But I think we are going to try to run the rest of Mapleshades races as well as the few that are left at Cohocton. It really suck about Mile Mountain. We are now getting very limited to tracks in our area without traveling 3 or more hours. I am trying to find a few track in Ohio that maybe somewhat close I'll let you know what I find out.

450r51
08-19-2005, 12:53 PM
thanks the only one i know of in ohio is the nemx its an indoor track, and we go there in the winter they have a nice track there and hold races there alot.

400ex87
08-21-2005, 02:30 PM
i have been talking to aaron reisig and some other top district riders, and we all have the feeling this is the start of a bad trend in d4! Look at the whole cohocton weekend thats coming up. It is for bikes AND quads, yet only bikes are allowed to practice on friday??? This sort of thing has to STOP. The only ones that can stop it is us, the racers! We need to speak up at the Tracks to the promoters and express our concerns. We also need to tell them that we enjoy their tracks and WANT to be there. If something isnt done now..who know where we might end up..I mean look at miles, they host nearly all of the rest of our races for this season, and they just dropped us like a bad habbit. BTW does anyone know or have heard about what we are gunna be doin to make up those dates now?

Nick110
08-21-2005, 05:32 PM
I was at the last race at miles and they were gonna have us practice after all of the bike motos and then hold r races after that. then all the quad riders and family started flippen out sayin its not fair( which its not) we changed something there cause we got to go mid pack. we also said how nice the track was and we didnt want to practice last cause we wanted to ride so bad. Miles is one of the best groomed tracks and best layed out for quads. i hope they change thhere minds or open up a new track to D4

08-22-2005, 05:28 AM
i think someone needs to open up a local district 4,5, and 6 quad only series.mx, and xc. there s to many tracks closing up because of the dirt bike ***S!!! if someone does that then the bike riders would have to go out for first practice and get muddy since the quads guys won t be there to clean the track.

400ex87
08-22-2005, 08:19 AM
hahaha..fookin right dude! Well if aaron reisig dident get screwed out d4 pesidency a few years back then omg d4 would be sick for quads. He used to be on the board and got many things done for us. Then he went to vegas for a dealer show, and the board(dirtbike riders) decided to screw him and vote in a new president of their own. He was the top guy too. Its all b/s!

riley racing
08-24-2005, 07:15 AM
I agree with everyone we as riders need to say something. I do have to mention that Doug & Sherry Lawson of Mapleshade have been the best yet for quads and bikes. They are really willking to work with the quad riders and if you ahve a concern they are willing to listen and try to work with your concerns. But we do need more quad tracks in our area. Yes I also agree Aron Reisig is the best!!:) He has been nothing but the greatest to us!! He is all quad and a great spokes person at that. Way to go Aron!!

450r51
08-24-2005, 08:41 AM
the only reason they r very nice to quads is becuase there son used to ride freestyle for quads. the only reason he doesnt ne more is because he took a hard crash and almost killed himself.

Nick110
08-25-2005, 07:56 AM
no he used to race dirtbikes. and one time they had a freestyle show there and he went and hit one of the jumps. fell and fractured lots of bones is his body and is now paralyzed.

MEL
08-25-2005, 02:23 PM
no, their son used to race quads. the track you race on was his practice track. he switched to bikes because of the cost of maintaining his old 250r.

Nick110
08-25-2005, 10:10 PM
yea but he didnt do quad freestyle. he got hurt doin dirtbike freestyle.