PDA

View Full Version : wheel still leaning in

chevy71
08-18-2005, 05:39 AM
Need some advise on what has happened to my 400. Was taking some small jumps when I landed uneven. Right front tire came down a little hard. Noticed the right front the wheel leaning in and when driving on a smooth surface, it pulls to the left.

I replaced the upper and lower a-arms and even the spindle. But the wheel still leans in a little and I have to turn the bars to the right a little to keep it tracking straight.

The left front tire looks ok.

Any guesses as to why the right side seems to be out of alignment still?

Any info appreciated.

James

bradley300
08-18-2005, 07:29 AM
leaning in top to bottom or side to side? if its side to side, you could have a bent tierod

if its top to bottom, could you have blown thshock on that side? if you did that shock would compress really easy and change the angle of the tire on that side since the a-arms is farther in to the swing of the travel (bumpsteer)

chevy71
08-18-2005, 10:57 AM
But it doesn't seem to be leaning any to the right side as if the shock was blown.

Bradley, I'll recheck it anyway. Just looking for any ideas to fix the problem. See if it is any different than the front left one.

Thanks

James

426ex
08-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Sounds like maybe you bent a spindle. Thats what happened to mine after a hard landing (and subsequent flip over). You can find them pretty cheap on ebay.

chevy71
08-18-2005, 11:51 AM
426, already ahead of you on that one. I replaced the spindle as well.

James

300excrazy98
08-19-2005, 01:19 PM
i know this one!!!:D Your wheel is bent!!!!!:p

01 400EXer
08-22-2005, 01:40 PM
I think if the wheel was bent it would wobble. he did not say anything about the wheel wobbling. I would check the tie rod and the tie rod ends.

chevy71
08-23-2005, 06:44 AM
At this point I'll check anything. Wheel and Tie rods. Heck might just replace the tie rods anyway; can't be that expensive.

If anything fixes the problem I'll post again. Wont be able to check anything until the weekend though..

Thanks for all suggestions.

James