PDA

View Full Version : friend died last night...

hondarider2006
08-18-2005, 01:01 AM
long story short...we were out partying, and he rode his quad. I guess on his way home he didn't make a turn that went around a good 20 foot drop and launched off of it...smashing into the on coming wall. He was riding a preditor 500...and I am guessing going wide open, and only being there that one night not knowing the place. Another friend of mine found him at 10:30 this morning...helmet in his hands, and a puddle of blood by his mouth....I guess he shook once, threw up, and went limp. Broken neck. R.I.P Charles....I'm gonna miss you man...

Things happen so fast you don't even realize it. I think back and saying "take it easy bro, see you in school tomorrow" and the next thing I know...I get off of work today and the girlfriends little bro informs me of this...thats my 2nd friend to die during my highschool time...and I hope the last. Way to start the school year off:(

Doober
08-18-2005, 01:12 AM
dam dude im sorry to hear that:(

jesshamner
08-18-2005, 01:39 AM
My thoughts are with you and the family. I have been through this 3 times myself while in high school. 2 car accidents and a suicide. Its not easy.

Trevor
08-18-2005, 06:01 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss that would be a sad thing to come across in the woods.

300ex13
08-18-2005, 06:38 AM
sorry for the lose...you can only move on and learn from that horrible mistake

duke416ex
08-18-2005, 06:56 AM
sorry to hear it

Rancher350Angel
08-18-2005, 07:52 AM
wow...omg im soooo sorry to hear that..that's horrible! :(

08-18-2005, 07:58 AM
Sorry to hear that dude, yes here one minute gone the next, no one knows that better than me.

HtFoxChick
08-18-2005, 08:07 AM
Tragic story...:( sorry

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-18-2005, 08:14 AM
sorry to hear the bad news

Mxjunkie
08-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Sorry about your loss, everyone becareful :(

Matt37
08-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by DierWolf
Sorry to hear that dude, yes here one minute gone the next, no one knows that better than me.

I know this feeling pretty well, in 2001 my wife suffered a brain anurism in the middle of the night. I went to bed that night with a beautiful wife. And woke up to a corpse on the bathroom floor. Just gone like that, no signs of anything wrong, just bam and my wife was gone.

Hondarider, i know what you are going through. It is going to take a lot of hard work, but you will get through it with flying colors.

08-18-2005, 08:23 AM
I very sorry to hear that.:(

FoxRacing81
08-18-2005, 08:26 AM
I feel your pain man....

I lost my mom in 2000. 2 days before my 10th birthday. For about a month I had no idea what to do. I was so lost....but you'll get through it...I still think about her everyday though...

JRP
08-18-2005, 09:21 AM
damn man im sorry to hear about that..:(

HondaEXrider22
08-18-2005, 10:20 AM
Sorry to here about that....

figair
08-18-2005, 12:01 PM
sorry about the news....

08-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Im so sorry man i hope u can get through this okay

hardkoratvmxr
08-18-2005, 06:46 PM
sorry to hear that man

Nausty
08-19-2005, 12:02 AM
i havn't had any friends killed but ****s been bad around here.

My cousin was killed in a atv accident last year.

Its crazy how quick stuff happens, u always think you'll have time to react or w/e but **** gets really nasty really quick sometimes. :(

hondarider2006
08-19-2005, 01:12 AM
Here is what was said in todays newspaper....This is going to be a hard funeral. Thank all of you guys/gals for the responses:(

Teen dies in ATV accident

By MARMIAN L. GRIMESand CHRIS TALBOTT

, Staff Writers

A 17-year-old boy was found dead Wednesday morning on a popular all-terrain vehicle trail near the Nordale gravel pit east of Fairbanks.

Charles Floyd Byrd apparently died in a four-wheeler accident, according to Alaska State Troopers.

An acquaintance of Byrd's happened upon the accident scene and contacted troopers at about 11 a.m., Trooper Josh Bentz said. The two had not been riding together.

Byrd's body, as well as a four-wheeler, were in a large ditch the trail crosses, Bentz said.

Byrd was to begin his senior year at North Pole High School this morning, according to Fairbanks North Star Borough School District officials. A crisis team of psychologists and counselors has been assigned to the school to monitor and help students. School administrators have prepared a letter explaining what happened that will be read to the student body.

"What a horrible way, a tragic way to start the school year," Superintendent Ann Shortt said.

A district psychologist advised parents to send their children to school this morning in an attempt to maintain some normalcy. Anyone struggling to deal with the tragedy will have support.

"They will identify the close friends of this student and will try to give them information and help them as much as they can," Shortt said.

The area where Byrd died is a popular four-wheeling spot, Bentz said, and is covered with tracks. However, he said tracks at the scene indicate Byrd was riding the four-wheeler down one side of the ditch and hit the bottom hard, causing the ATV to flip up the opposite side of the ditch.

"That is what we suspect happened, but we haven't ruled anything out. We can't tell where he actually lost control," Bentz said. "There was damage to the front of the four-wheeler, extensive damage."

Byrd's body had no visible injuries, he said, and will be sent to the medical examiner in Anchorage for an autopsy to determine cause of death. He said he is not sure whether Byrd was wearing a helmet but that one was found nearby.

"The (person) who knew Byrd said he routinely had to remind Byrd to fasten the strap on the bottom of the helmet," Bentz said.

The accident likely happened late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, according to Bentz. The teen was last seen at his nearby home at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Bentz said foul play is not suspected in the boy's death. He is hoping to speak with anyone who saw or was riding with Byrd on Tuesday night. Anyone with information can contact troopers at 451-5100.:(

prepracing
08-19-2005, 01:30 AM
sorry to hear about those tragedies, I also had a friend to die from an ATV accident recently. Sat, night (8-13-05). During flattrack racing at the local fair, last race of the night on the last lap came around the turn trying to pass another atv, the 2 got tangled up and went into the fence that surrounds the track. Either a piece of the fence or his handle bars came in from the side where there is no protection from your chest protector and crushed his chest. He died instantly from serious internal injuries. Never take anything for granted, we just don't know how lucky we all are sometimes and how quick life can be taken away. RIP #7

tater_kamik
08-19-2005, 02:23 AM
very sad story,please all, remember not to drink and drive/ride and stop anyone that tries. its not worth it