PDA

View Full Version : jetting main jet/ pilot jet

signguy
08-17-2005, 04:53 PM
i have a 04 300 ex and could someone explain the diff between the main jet and the pilot jet i already rejetted with a dyno jet kit and i only got on the jet that goes on the bottom side of card wich jet is that called

rooster300ex
08-17-2005, 04:58 PM
the main jet is the one on the bottom of the carb bowl. to get to the pilot jet u have to take the carb bowl off and then your'll see the pilot jet. watch how the bowl comes off and look inside and see how the lil plastic thing goes back on, and make sure your acceletator pump is working after u put it back together.

signguy
08-17-2005, 05:18 PM
so the main jet is on the bottom side of the card closest to engine.... when i took off my bowl to change the needle i didnt see a jet under there just the hole the needle goes in

300exOH
08-17-2005, 10:04 PM
If you remove the drain plug on the bottom of the carb you will see a brass hex shaped jet with a tiny hole in the middle and a white plastic piece around it... that is your main jet. Beside it should be another brass jet which is the pilot. The pilot should be much longer than the main also.

2004exrider
08-18-2005, 08:12 AM
http://www.atvriders.com/articles/pilotjet.html
pilot jet controls 1/8 to 1/4 throttle, the main jet controls 3/4 to full.

Jimmy