PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Hatfield....or go there a lot?

FourFiftyFour
08-17-2005, 02:54 PM
I might be making a trip out there with a group of people in October... The thing is...my quad wouldnt be worth a darn out on those trails, it wouldnt last 30 min out there... anyone happen to have a quad I could borrow for that week? LOL i know dumb question!

if i do find a quad to use... how nice is the place and trails and is there anything else there besides trails?

jesshamner
08-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Your quad should be fine. Is it 50 inches? Most of the easy trails are like roads. The intermediate trails are usually pretty wide too.

FourFiftyFour
08-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
Your quad should be fine. Is it 50 inches? Most of the easy trails are like roads. The intermediate trails are usually pretty wide too.

i have 18" tires and no skid plates and yes its 50" wide...not going to chance it especially since its the only quad i have right now...all the other guys going have XC quads or Utes....so it definitely wouldnt be a good idea to bring a MX only quad.

jesshamner
08-17-2005, 03:16 PM
You would have better luck borrowing a set of wheels and tires. Like I said, the width won't really matter all that much.

FourFiftyFour
08-17-2005, 03:23 PM
yeah but you know my quad...not exactly "bombproof." i dont think it would last in the trails and i dont feel like being towed back to camp the first day...... i just dont think the dale would hold up.... everyone else sorta wants me to be on a quad thats more for XC or something...bc they want to ride at the good areas.....which i dont blame them. im not worried about the width AS much (even tho that is a concern of mine) but its my lack of skid plates, total lightweight/not heavy duty and MX only set up, and tempermental motor.

MOFO
08-17-2005, 04:36 PM
There is a trail at Bear Wallow that has a bridge and it will not let a quad 50" or wider pass. Rico had to lift the rear of his quad over it (the rails) when we were there. When they post 50" or less, the mean exactly 50". If your a 1/4" past, it wont go without lifting....other than that, you should be ok...

just make sure you bring alot of plugs and CO2 packs... with your width, you'll hit rocks on the side of the trail and shred your tires...

Allen
08-18-2005, 05:12 AM
I live near there and you don't want to bring a quad without skid plates....

Doibugu2
08-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
There is a trail at Bear Wallow that has a bridge and it will not let a quad 50" or wider pass. Rico had to lift the rear of his quad over it (the rails) when we were there. When they post 50" or less, the mean exactly 50". If your a 1/4" past, it wont go without lifting....other than that, you should be ok...

just make sure you bring alot of plugs and CO2 packs... with your width, you'll hit rocks on the side of the trail and shred your tires...

You can go through the water to get around that. Don't know what he was thinking.

Also, you can rent quads down there. 4x's at least.

FourFiftyFour
08-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Allen
I live near there and you don't want to bring a quad without skid plates....

yeah i figured that much.... i dont think the dale would be going on those trails... its been too tempermental in the past to rely on it on some rough trails. I might take it up to do the drags with it tho...and play around..but no trail riding... especially with those expensive fullbores i just bought :eek2: jk! im just worried about my width and lack of skid plates and my tempermental motor! So Im gonna have to borrow a quad or somethin....trying to figure it all out bc this trip will be in october.

fmf250ex
08-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Hey guys, Im going there tomorrow. Were leaving at 12 so well problay b there round 5 so if anyones going im on a red 250ex and my friend has a blue yfz so mayb ill see sumone there.

jesshamner
08-18-2005, 12:00 PM
The cdale engine cradle already has a pretty thick aluminum skid on it. I don't run a skid plate when I race or ride so don't worry about that.

Nausty
08-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey Kara!!!

i havn't heard from u for a while what have u been up too!

MOFO
08-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
You can go through the water to get around that. Don't know what he was thinking.

Also, you can rent quads down there. 4x's at least.

If I remember right, it was our first trip down there...

actually I do remember on our return trips, a few guys did find the "water" pass... :D

FourFiftyFour
08-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
Hey Kara!!!

i havn't heard from u for a while what have u been up too!

been racing and hanging out with friends mainly...college starts up on the 25th..and im 3rd in overall points in the series i run in..so things are going pretty well :) how have u been?

Nausty
08-18-2005, 11:58 PM
alright graduated this year so I've been partying non stop. Then other than that I just work out, go to movies, hang out w/ girls w/e.:o

U got msn? pm me ur address if u want