PDA

View Full Version : FYI..A PEP stabilizer will NOT fit with a pingrys oil tank!!!!

PsychoDave
06-05-2002, 07:56 PM
Welp, i just put my pingrys larger oil tank on my quad and my PEP steering stabilizer does not fit... I was thinking of mounting it on a frame tube. I was gonna get a BMX bicycle seat post clamp...mod it a little and use that as a clamp for the PEP to mount to. My other problem is that most of the frame tubes have my rezzies mounted to em' (i was thinking maybe a tube above my engine). Anyone got a suggestion??? I dont want to get a different stabilizer either.....either way if i mod it, I will post some pics!

400exRacerX
06-05-2002, 08:15 PM
Did you try to mount the pep clamp up as high as you can on the steering stem without hitting the oil cooler?? And also are you running stock head pipes?

PsychoDave
06-05-2002, 08:32 PM
i have a WB pro meg head pipe......i had the PEP on the steering stem as high as it could go before i put on the tank...it looks like i need 1 1/2 inches for it to clear...it is not close by any means..

the pingry tank is VERY nice...it is beefy. i had to take off my head pipes to install it.

PsychoDave
06-06-2002, 08:45 AM
anyone got any ideas?

mcmike
06-06-2002, 08:57 PM
Are you trying to use the mounts where your stocker was mounted? If so, can you drop your new one down at all with a modifyed bracket? Just a thought.:confused:

PsychoDave
06-07-2002, 06:23 AM
thats a pretty good idea.....i will check it out.

Foxrage
06-07-2002, 08:23 AM
Get a WER stabilizer???