PDA

View Full Version : A raptor soon??

quadracer04
08-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Im startin to get sick of the wimpy blaster motor and so now I'm looking at bigger quads. One of my friends has an 01 Raptor that he said he would sell to me for $2200 when he leaves for college in about a month. He is going to rebuild the transmission...again:eek2: ...and put everything back together. I've ridden it before when I went riding with him and it had some serious power and speed, but it was a pig. I was wondering if you raptor owners suffered from the feelings I do:

It's huge and heavy and I'm sorta scared to jump it or get in anything too ruff.

Did you feel the same way when you first got yours? After riding it for a while did you get more comfortable with it and completely forgot about it being big?

mdidonne
08-17-2005, 05:57 AM
I have had my Raptor only 3 months and I have been hitting huge jumps with it. I have been about 10 or 15 feet off the ground with it. You get used to it, you do hit hard sometimes. After a while you will be able to land it softer and softer. I just started doing one footed can cans on it. Im having no problem at all. It is an awesome wheelie machine. You can ride wheelies on it for miles. Get a Denton steering stabilizer for it, makes a huge difference in handling on dirt at high speeds.

400exc
08-17-2005, 10:08 PM
i heard the raptor have a hard suspension, maybe thats why it feels hard?

quadracer04
08-18-2005, 12:43 AM
Alright. I think the first mods to it when I got it would be shocks, steering dampner, and handlebars. All I do is jumping so good suspension is a must.

gitrdonechevy25
08-18-2005, 08:34 PM
buy a new 700 rappy

tater_kamik
08-18-2005, 08:39 PM
who said the raptor if fat?!? ok, nobody did but it does weigh a little more than the yfz, etc. i think the raptor is a great machine all the way around but thats my opinion

660WickedRappy
08-19-2005, 07:35 AM
in my oppinion the raptor is the best quad money can buy(for my type of riding) i have long open fields near my house, and the power is great to open her up in a long straight away, and i also have very tight wooded trails with creek crossings,hill climbs etc. and the torq is great for this too.....just my oppinion but to me the raptor is the best all around quad, unless all you do is mx then get a yfz

$.02

quadracer04
08-19-2005, 10:10 PM
^^I was thinkng the same thing. I have a lot of fast trails and stuff and figured the power would be great for me. Im sure I could get used to the size, coming up from a blaster and all.

RaptorRacer45
08-20-2005, 05:57 AM
Gettin used 2 it wont be hard at all.....i went from my Warrior 2 my Raptor and was feelin comfortable withen the 1st week, I live in the woods and have plenty of trails and a track ive made and its great........Throw some YFZ Shocks on the front if suspesion money is limited but i dont think ull be dissipointed, after all i only weigh 115lbs and felt right at home on mine withen 1 week:D

quadracer04
08-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Ive ridden it before and like it, but I just wansnt sure. BTW I'm 125 so Im just like you:)