PDA

View Full Version : marcum's atv?

crday98
08-16-2005, 09:11 PM
a few years back, i remember marcum's atv was a site sponsor. whatever happened to them? they had excellent pricing and beyond excellent customer service. the guy who ran the place always took the time to answer all of my questions and never gave me any BS to sell a more expensive product if there was one he had that performed better at a lower price. they made it a point to personally test everything they sell to make sure their customers were satisfied with their purchase.
he also saved my arse a few times when i needed parts asap and made sure i had them by the time he said they would arrive if not sooner,unlike other places that need a stick of dynamite up their arse to get them to send stuff in a timely manner.

it was by far the best place i had ever dealt with, nothing like other places where you get some schmuck on the phone who has no idea about the item you are ordering or would charge you only to find out that the part you just bought is on back order and can't tell you when they'll get them in.

i just noticed that their site is down and their phone # is no longer in service. did they close shop or have they relocated and changed the name?:(

Tommy 17
08-16-2005, 09:32 PM
if i remember right they screwed over a few people and their name went to hell... it was right around the time u left CRday...

Guy400
08-17-2005, 04:53 AM
I don't know what happened to his business but you must've been one of the lucky site members that got decent service. We had far too many complaints of parts not shipping, wrong parts being shipped, calling him for help and you couldn't get him but you'd get his daughter with screaming kids in the background. When a member would tell us that he bought something, his card was charged but he hadn't seen the part in 2 weeks we'd ask Marcum's WTF and it seemed like his response was always "I was out of the shop attending an ATV show and I just got back. I'll look into it." I don't remember anyone not getting parts but a lot of people had to go through a lot of grief to get them.

crday98
08-17-2005, 06:19 PM
wow, i guess i either got lucky or caught him at the start of his business when he was trying to draw in business by taking care of his customers. there were times i would order stuff that i needed for the weekend ride on friday evening and by noon saturday he made sure it was at my door. i never waited for more than a week to get anyting else and everything was always in stock.
it is a shame because he had a gold mine at one point. :ermm: