PDA

View Full Version : hot start trouble....

Scro
08-16-2005, 07:01 PM
alright..i just started installing my CRF hotstart perch and baldwin cable and i can't figure out how the small parts go on the cable near the carb. there is a small silver piece that looks like it would fit over the cable, but it doesn't. and there is also the spring and I can't remember how it was when i took it off. anybody know??

Leschj03
08-16-2005, 07:23 PM
First onto the cable is the rubber boot, then the plastic nut thing that screws into the carb, then the spring, then the brass plug thing.

Scro
08-16-2005, 07:33 PM
does this little metal piece not go anywhere? I have the rubber boot, spring, plastic piece that screws into the carb, and brass piece, but I am pretty sure that it fell out of the rubber boot when I took it off the cable???:(

Scro
08-16-2005, 07:34 PM
one other thing...the new baldwin cable had a screw in the middle that the stock didn't, is this for adjustment???

Leschj03
08-16-2005, 11:00 PM
yeah, the screw in the cable is for adjusting when you got the cable installed to get a nice tight fit, But there shouldnt be anything else, that extra peice shouldnt go with that, well with the 2005 model, you can check Schematic's on the internet.