PDA

View Full Version : gripper seat covers

R-Crazy
06-05-2002, 06:07 PM
Are the gripper seat covers worth the 50 bucks?

dave

dhines
06-06-2002, 08:16 AM
Seeing how I seem to blow out the stock seat covers about every other month, an aftermarket setup was definitely worth the money for me. It looks good too - so there's some value there also...

Dennis

Scott
06-06-2002, 08:39 AM
I rode a gripper a few time my brother had on his quad. Rode about 6 hours one day and got the worst monkey butt I've ever had. You couldn't pay me to put one of those on my quad. I tried coating it in WD-40 and anything else I could think of to get rid of that sand paper on the butt feeling. Even smeared mud on it diring a couple of the rides, nothing worked.

None for me man.

monkeynuts
06-06-2002, 11:04 AM
well, i have a new gripper seat on my R. no monkey butt here. it is the greatest thing ever! you sit, and you stay! i wear shift ride pants made from some pretty heavy ripstop nylon though, so if you are riding naked like scott there, you'll pull the hairs out of your *** and rip your balls off. i think it was $50 well spent

Scott
06-06-2002, 11:07 AM
Yeah you caught me. The briars really suck.

I told you not to tell anyone monkeynut. I thought that was our little secret.:confused: :huh :blah

Actually, I have O'neal Apocalypse gear.

06-06-2002, 11:44 AM
I really didn't care much for the full gripper seats but mine has the gripper material just on the sides of it and I think it's great,,no slip slidin away with this seat cover..