PDA

View Full Version : No Spark...

lonestar13r
08-16-2005, 09:58 AM
we'll,, i been searching and came up with nothing much like my situation,,, I was plaining to go to Rausch saturday for the member ride,,, so happy,, then i rode the other day, and my bike just bogged out and stalled and wouldn't fire back up (after riding for about 5 minutes). so i took off my carb and cleaned everything , it was a bit dirty. put it back on and finnaly got it to fire. i rain it for about 2 minutes and it did the same thing, so i went over my wireing ,, checked all connections, cleaned any dirty ones.. and checked for spark,, now i have absalutly none..fuse is fine... can any one help ? i thought about it being coil,,, cdi,,, stator,, silnoid,,, i'm lost right now and preety frusturated because i been plaining for rausch for a while now and here i am now. if any one can give me a hand i'd be super happy to hear ,,, its an 01 400ex

thanks-Ethan

Pvt. Maggot
08-16-2005, 10:02 AM
You need to get current gauges and check all of your electrical and see where its not flowing. Check your kill switch, make sure its not off of run. Hope you get it up and running before the ride.

lonestar13r
08-16-2005, 10:10 AM
i was test lighting as much stuff as i could think off... coil i couldn't get to light, but i'm not sure if it would light rather it was good or not... kill cord is pluged in , gas on,,, i checked all the stupid stuff countless times, as much as i'd like it to be somthing stupid,, i don't think it is,, it dose seam like somthing rong with my kill cord or switch ,, the way its not sparking at all.. i'll have to play with it more ,, i don't want to give the shop here 80-100 buxs just to tell me what it is,, labor is horrible here because theres only 2 main shops and if they don't do it, no one will so they can make all the labor they wont :ermm: