PDA

View Full Version : valves

QuadRacer18
08-15-2005, 09:34 PM
I bent two intake valves, i got the new valves and seals and such but i dont have a valve spring compressor, is there any way to do this without the spring compressor, any help will be appreciated. I need to get the new valves in so i can run up at raush creek for the atvriders ride this weekend, thanks.

QuadRacer18
08-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Need help ASAP!!!

08-16-2005, 11:55 AM
take a old c clamp and drill a hole in it.. a big one.. 10 inch maybe.. you drill the hole into the end that doesnt move, or just make a notch in it so the spring will compress and not the valve.. set it on there, screw it in, remove the keepers, pull the valve.. also be careful when you reinstall that you dont screw up the new valves..

if you dont have a clamp, then its time to buy a spring compressor or take it to a machine shop to have new valve seals installed and have them drop them valves in place of the old ones for you.. shouldnt cost anymore than 50 or so bux

Jesse

QuadRacer18
08-16-2005, 01:46 PM
does anyone know a place where i can get the clutch locknut and a valve spring keeper. I was gonna order it from servicehonda.com but they take over a week and a half to ship to my door. I need this before sunday for the atvriders meet at raush creek!