PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite gear and parts?

roostin_dale
08-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Well, we are trying to get our own shop opened up. Just wondering what everyones favorite kind of gear is so i can try to get them in stock. Also, what are some popular items and brands i should try to get? thanks for any input...

MotoX3
08-15-2005, 09:20 PM
im guessing the basics would be good as far as parts...bars..levers...filters...plugs...oils...ju st the regular maintanince stuff that you always need.....as far as gear id say just get a few popular brands and see what sells....shift fox thor....all that

rollie
08-15-2005, 09:38 PM
i wear Thor, i like AC parts,ITP,Kenda:cool:

EDIT: Renthal and Tag bars deffinatly

08-15-2005, 09:48 PM
I like dg,cobra,dial a jet, and cheg shing tires.

250xridamatt
08-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Try to carry a good amount of tires. No dealers near me carry good aftermarket tires. For the gear, try to get some of the cheaper stuff, and also some of the high end. That way if someone is just beginning they dont have to spend a lot, but also the experienced racer can walk in and pick up some high quality gear. Dealers never carry the good stuff near me.

roostin_dale
08-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the help so far guys. I am trying to focus on mainly MX parts, but will carry some XC and just normal riding products also.

JDiablo
08-15-2005, 10:05 PM
rims,tires,handlebars,oils,and maybe some of the bigger stuff,axles,pipes,etc
Just small stuff like that
Defienly carry a good selection of boots,helmets,and apparel

But i like Thor,fox,Dc,Shift,Bomb squad,etc

gncc025
08-15-2005, 10:15 PM
THOR and Shift apparel for sure.name brand tires(razr,holeshot,kenda,etc)maintenence items of course.things req to race like tether kill switch,nerfs,number plates,numbers,helmets and boots but i guess those two would go with a apparel.

maybe go to a local dealership or shop and check out what they are selling alot of and just add to that.:confused:

roostin_dale
08-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by gncc025

maybe go to a local dealership or shop and check out what they are selling alot of and just add to that.:confused:

thats one reason we are doing this. Our dealers suck..carry no aftermarket parts except handlebars, skid plates, and grips, and they charge you out the *** for that stuff...:ermm:

gncc025
08-15-2005, 10:35 PM
yeah my local dealership charges out the*** for exhaust tires and stuff like that too, but they have some d@mn good prices on quads though :macho

YfzMX212
08-16-2005, 08:35 AM
handlebars,bumpers,grab bars,nerf bars,steering stems,axles,wheels,tires,maybe wheel and tire packages,exhausts,skid plates,graphic kits,and i dont know if its possible but if you had aftermarket suspension setups at your place that would be really cool.......kickstart conversion kits for the yfz.....i know if i had a store that had all that near me i would probably live there...lol...

roostin_dale
08-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by YfzMX212
if you had aftermarket suspension setups at your place that would be really cool.......kickstart conversion kits for the yfz.....i know if i had a store that had all that near me i would probably live there...lol...

We will be trying to get one brand of suspension in our shop and a couple brands of LT and standard a-arms/swingarms...

No just what has the most demand for parts...of course the yfz and 450r....but what other quads? Im guessing 400ex, z400 parts..?

Quad18star
08-16-2005, 08:56 AM
For gear , make sure you carry Fox stuff . With the company I work for , Fox gear is the #1 seller . They are the most recognized clothing company in the offroad industry and every little kid out there wants Fox stuff . But other clothing from Thor and Shift are fairly big sellers , just not as big as Fox .

Carry the usual ... Oil , Filters, Brake pads , Grips , Bars .. carry mostly standard renthals and get a few set of Oversize bars.. if the customer wants oversize order them instead of having them in stock . Reason for this , customers usually want a specific type of fat bar ( ie color , bend ...) . Skid plates are pretty big sellers ... carry the AC brand and custom order if a customer wants a diff. brand) . Carry 2 sets each of a certain brand tire ( holeshots, Tamers, Kendas etc) . If you want to also target the 4x4 guys , Mudlites are great tires ... cheap price and great quality . Bumpers are a must . Chest protectors and other protective clothing are great also . If you order expensive stuff like Alpinestar boots .. get the average size which is a size 9-11 .. but once again only carry maybe 2 pairs of this type of boot and custom order when needed . There's no use having a pair of boots sit on a shelf for months cuz then you're just losing money !!!

Let me know if I can help you out anymore ...I'd be very cautious about ordering suspension stuff but if you do , order ir to an average person's weight of about 175 lbs .