PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!

4everhonda
08-15-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm helping out a buddy with a new pro-design kill switch install on his 400ex. I want to completely remove the key and just have the kill switch control the ignition. There are 4 wires to deal with. Black, Red, Black with White stripe, and Green which I think is common ground? There are two wires from the kill switch. What wires do I need to hook where to completely abolish the key switch?

Thanks guys

300ex13
08-16-2005, 07:53 AM
leave the key its not that hard to reach for the key and turn on/off...the killswitch should have one function and that is to disconnect the circuits to the engine not complete them

4everhonda
08-16-2005, 05:01 PM
If your not trying to answer my question then dont bother to post.

Thanks!

4everhonda
08-17-2005, 05:14 AM
ttt

4everhonda
08-21-2005, 06:58 PM
bump

4everhonda
08-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Come on guys help me out!!

Old Head
08-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Well with the reply you gave 300ex13 i can see why no one else posted but i do happen to agree with him. A kill switch is designed to cut a curciut not complete one.

prepracing
08-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by 4everhonda
I'm helping out a buddy with a new pro-design kill switch install on his 400ex. I want to completely remove the key and just have the kill switch control the ignition. There are 4 wires to deal with. Black, Red, Black with White stripe, and Green which I think is common ground? There are two wires from the kill switch. What wires do I need to hook where to completely abolish the key switch?

Thanks guys
what you are wanting to do cannot be done with a tether kill switch and your still gonna have to have some kind of switch to turn on and off to break the circut, otherwise it will be like having your key on all the time and your battery will just rundown

400exrider707
08-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
what you are wanting to do cannot be done with a tether kill switch and your still gonna have to have some kind of switch to turn on and off to break the circut, otherwise it will be like having your key on all the time and your battery will just rundown

I leave my key on all of the time and never have any rundown problems. I have removed my headlights, and all of my warning lights and neutral lights. I have the key ignition secured to the top shock mount tubes on the frame, and I just use the pro-design kill switch to shut it off. I also have removed everything on the handlebars, and use the CR killswitch as my start button.

prepracing
08-27-2005, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
I leave my key on all of the time and never have any rundown problems. I have removed my headlights, and all of my warning lights and neutral lights. I have the key ignition secured to the top shock mount tubes on the frame, and I just use the pro-design kill switch to shut it off. I also have removed everything on the handlebars, and use the CR killswitch as my start button.

yeah I guess with no neutral light the battery would not run down, But you did say you still have your keyswitch and 4everhonda is wanting to do away with his key switch. I just have never seen or heard of it being done successfully without a switch of somekind. But goodluck to ya, let us know if u do find a solution

400exrider707
08-27-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
yeah I guess with no neutral light the battery would not run down, But you did say you still have your keyswitch and 4everhonda is wanting to do away with his key switch. I just have never seen or heard of it being done successfully without a switch of somekind. But goodluck to ya, let us know if u do find a solution

Yeah I dont see how it really would work without a key, but I guess its possible to wire up a kill switch into your ignition perhaps!? I personally left the key on to prevent theft, because most people aren't going to look at the frame for my key switch.