PDA

View Full Version : GT Cobra Mustang 5.0L '89 MINT

Syrus
08-15-2005, 05:07 PM
My dad finally is gonna give her up. Selling because we bought a '05 GT Stang. We babied this car from day one, its NEVER seen a winter, all perfect. New tranny, new paint, new tires and new performance cobra exhaust. Hasnt been modded out, just kept stock for the value.
Heres some pics. If you want anymore, let me know !

And make an offer in Canadian dollars, other car trades are excepted. This car is mint, and you'll have a hard time finding a stang in better condition than this one, i promise you that one.

Syrus
08-15-2005, 05:09 PM
side view

Syrus
08-15-2005, 05:10 PM
engine

Syrus
08-15-2005, 05:11 PM
5.0L

Syrus
08-15-2005, 05:14 PM
This is our new 05 stang GT Its damn nie, and the power is ... wow.

Sexy99Warrior
08-15-2005, 06:02 PM
how much are you looking to get...?

Quad18star
08-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Shoot me a price .... is it manual or auto ??

Syrus
08-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Auto sport tranny, My dads asking about 4500-5000 Canadian, not sure what that is american, im guessing around 3200-3500 USD. Like i said before, its hard to find a mint stang kept like this one for that price, good damn car who ever buys it.

Jake250ex
08-15-2005, 08:32 PM
trade for race ready banshee of mine? I was asking about the same for it... :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/quadrider47/MVC-002S.jpg

pm me

Syrus
08-16-2005, 04:11 AM
ill talk to my dad jake, but i doubt he wants anything 2 stroke

Syrus
08-16-2005, 04:43 PM
bump

QuadRacer041
08-16-2005, 05:48 PM
thats not an 89, has to be 87-88.
the 89's had a mass air sensor

not a cobra either they didnt come out till 93 i think

XxxTRiPxxX
08-16-2005, 05:59 PM
in canada gts were called cobras.93 was the first year year for the real svt cobra 5.0.

QuadRacer041
08-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by XxxTRiPxxX
in canada gts were called cobras.93 was the first year year for the real svt cobra 5.0.

ok, i stand corrected

Quadfather
08-16-2005, 07:52 PM
How many miles on it?

Also, if it's been babied since day one, why the new tranny?

Syrus
08-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Quadfather
How many miles on it?

Also, if it's been babied since day one, why the new tranny?

It was in storage for so long, when my dad brought it out this spring it was fine, then he went to take it to work and something sounded funny going into second gear. Apparently a pin inside the tranny had broke and caused a mess. So i totally new one was put in to save the trouble of work.

And yes its a cobra, unless ford likes to lie and make a stock body kit that says right on it "GT Cobra"

Off my head, im not sure how many miles, but if ur actually interested i will check and update that for ya, i think its around 150k, dont quote me on that.

blasteracer24
08-17-2005, 12:06 AM
its a speed density car. Its not an 89. And its not a cobra. You may call it a cobra but it has a gt bodykit the cobra kit is different and they didnt come out til 93.

blasteracer24
08-17-2005, 12:09 AM
and if it was a cobra it wouldnt have a 5.0 emblem it wouls have a cobra.

raptorman2001
08-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by blasteracer24
its a speed density car. Its not an 89. And its not a cobra. You may call it a cobra but it has a gt bodykit the cobra kit is different and they didnt come out til 93.

100% correct its not a 89 it has to be a 86-88 and its not a cobra it the normal gt witch is less horsepower and less value you will be lucky even in the good condition to bring 2700 with those miles and stuff and its not a 5.0 or it would have the emblem on the drivesr side and it would have a chrome color cobra wheels not those cheap regular gt wheels!:macho

blasteracer24
08-17-2005, 08:09 AM
And the upper plenum would be different.(upper intake) It has a different shape and it would have a plate with a cobra on the plenum.

Syrus
08-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by raptorman2001
100% correct its not a 89 it has to be a 86-88 and its not a cobra it the normal gt witch is less horsepower and less value you will be lucky even in the good condition to bring 2700 with those miles and stuff and its not a 5.0 or it would have the emblem on the drivesr side and it would have a chrome color cobra wheels not those cheap regular gt wheels!:macho

You sir are an idiot, lol. It is a 5.0 dummy, and it is a gt cobra, the modles are different in Canada than the states, as corrected in the previous post. Those GT wheels are from a 97 stang, not stock wheels smart guy :macho and.... it does have the 5.0L emblem on the drivers side door, i wish i could smack u for being such a tool. Stay out of my threads moron.

However, i was wrong, i asked my dad and it is an 88, i thought he told me 89. I Stand corrected :cool:

blasteracer24
08-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
You sir are an idiot, lol. It is a 5.0 dummy, and it is a gt cobra, the modles are different in Canada than the states, as corrected in the previous post. Those GT wheels are from a 97 stang, not stock wheels smart guy :macho and.... it does have the 5.0L emblem on the drivers side door, i wish i could smack u for being such a tool. Stay out of my threads moron.

However, i was wrong, i asked my dad and it is an 88, i thought he told me 89. I Stand corrected :cool:

Yhose wheels are not off a 97. The wheels were different in 97 and they were 5 lug. Ponies(the wheels on your car) are 4 lug. And that isnt a cobra engine the intake is different on the cobra.

Syrus
08-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok bud, i guess ford lies, says right on the car, and right on the manual, so please, go ruin other peoples threads pal.

adrenaline
08-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by raptorman2001

by more hp you mean like 20-30hp right? lol
for an extra $450 you can get more HP out of a gt/lx
vs. the price difference of a cobra

bone stock 5.0 mustang doesnt matter if its gt or lx has i believe was 205-225hp to the ground with 275-300 torque
(some say) it was more accurate at 205hp ant 275ftlb torque

around that time the "4 banger" had 88hp to the ground stock..lol

in the states in 1993 ford cobra produced 245hp

also up to 1992 5.0 mustangs had forged pistons!
the only other stock mustangs since have been 03 cobras
(witch are sex)

just so everyone facts are a little more in line

your car is super clean bro

Quad18star
08-18-2005, 07:15 AM

You tellem Bud ... I wish I could smack them too . Some people fail to realize that there are different model cars , made in different years , made in different countries .

Hey Raptorman2001 ... do you know what a Pontiac Acadian looks like ??? I bet I could pass it off to you as a Chevy Nova cuz they are exactly alike . One was made in Canada the other in the USA .

But to get back on topic ... Syrus I should be heading down towards Toronto at the end of the month or September sometime . My mom has to be in T.O for 6 weeks , so when I go down to visit her one weekend I'll swing by Orillia and check out the car if you guys still have it .

QuadRacer041
08-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
You tellem Bud ... I wish I could smack them too . Some people fail to realize that there are different model cars , made in different years , made in different countries .

Hey Raptorman2001 ... do you know what a Pontiac Acadian looks like ??? I bet I could pass it off to you as a Chevy Nova cuz they are exactly alike . One was made in Canada the other in the USA .

But to get back on topic ... Syrus I should be heading down towards Toronto at the end of the month or September sometime . My mom has to be in T.O for 6 weeks , so when I go down to visit her one weekend I'll swing by Orillia and check out the car if you guys still have it .

raptor may have been wrong about something but alot of the info he is given on the car is simply incorrect.like being an 89 which he corrected himself on and also those pony wheels were made between 91-93 maybe 94 NOT 97.
he also he needs to get all his info straight before he adertise's it.

Syrus
08-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
raptor may have been wrong about something but alot of the info he is given on the car is simply incorrect.like being an 89 which he corrected himself on and also those pony wheels were made between 91-93 maybe 94 NOT 97.
he also he needs to get all his info straight before he adertise's it.

You see, its not my car, its my dads car still. I was going to buy it but I found something else. Therefore i dont know all the info on the car. But i promise u its a GT Cobra, actually im looking at another '88 GT Cobra at autotrader.com for 15000$ cdn. Its got major motor work done tho.

Quadstar, my dads not in a hurry to sell it cause he still loves this car so much lol, so when u come down, get ahold of me foresure, and ill talk to my dad about swinging a decent deal for it. Id rather see it stay in Canada and be used well. We've had a lot of american's wanting to ship it there.

QuadRacer041
08-18-2005, 01:33 PM
You see, its not my car, its my dads car still. I was going to buy it but I found something else. Therefore i dont know all the info on the car. But i promise u its a GT Cobra, actually im looking at another '88 GT Cobra at autotrader.com for 15000$ cdn. Its got major motor work done tho.

Quadstar, my dads not in a hurry to sell it cause he still loves this car so much lol, so when u come down, get ahold of me foresure, and ill talk to my dad about swinging a decent deal for it. Id rather see it stay in Canada and be used well. We've had a lot of american's wanting to ship it there.

i undertsand its not your car you siad that a 100 times.but......you need to know what your selling before you make incorrect staements.if your not sure find out first.

blasteracer24
08-18-2005, 04:22 PM
So you guys are special and they made the cobra a couple years earlier in canada? The first cobra was in 93. If it was a cobra it would have a cobra motor. Lets see pictures of this manual and all this stuff that says its a cobra.