PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Stock Class

gizmocor
08-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm not looking to started a heated debate, but I know there are a lot of guys on here that run the stock class at the GNCC. Just wonder what mods you can get away with for that....

Can you respring and/or revalve your front shocks?? rear shock??
I didn't think you could on the rebuildable shock atv's but seems like if you can replace the shocks on the non-rebuildable atv's your going to be getting different valvling and springs too with that?.....

Can you remove the baffle out of the exhaust??

Can you put factory add ons on like the HRC kit for the Honda??

and no steering dampners right??

and I'm not going to be running stock anytime soon, just curious for someone I know......and like I said, no arguing!!:) :) just the Facts!!

seamonster
08-15-2005, 04:28 PM
big bore motor
tire balls
stainless lines
new shocks
nitrous, etc

just kidding.......

660bigdaddy
08-16-2005, 10:07 AM
hmmm. surprised to see your looking at the stock class. are ya gonna give it a try?

duke416ex
08-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Go to gncc website and look at the rule book. It tells everything you can have. I would maybe think about running beginner or c class, those stock classes turn almost equal times to the pros on laps.

Admin
08-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by gizmocor
Can you remove the baffle out of the exhaust??

No, you can't modify the Exhaust because it will increase performance. I personally haven't even rejetted or even touched the Airbox or lid because I didn't want to risk being accused of trying to increase the engine performance.

Can you put factory add ons on like the HRC kit for the Honda??
No, you can't install an HRC Kit because it increase engine performance.

and no steering dampners right??
No Steering Dampner Either, and I heard Fasst Flex Bars may not be allowed next year because of people whining about the use of the bars.

GNCC Stock Class Rules
Stock (ATV) - May change front shocks, tires, wheels, throttle assembly, axle, handlebars, grips, skid plates, plastics and seat covers, including those that add traction, but may not change seat height. May add bead locks, nerf bars, foot peg extensions, and open or closed end, metal or plastic hand guards. May not add steering stabilizers or air filter sleeves. May not add front shock reservoirs, or modify or remove front shock reservoirs from machines that come equipped with them. Riders may change front shocks on ATVs that do not come with rebuildable stock front shocks, but they may not replace the front shocks on ATVs that do come with rebuildable units stock (like the YFZ450). Only machines that come equipped with front reservoirs stock may run them. All motor components and rear suspension must remain stock. Aftermarket replacement parts may be used so long as they do not improve motor performance, add travel to the suspension, or have a reservoir. Example: must have stock pipe, silencer, carburetor, air box, air cleaner, rear shocks, etc....

gizmocor
08-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks Harlen........and the shocks???? can't be modified at all as far as springs on a rebuildable quad like the yami or honda??

jb500ex
08-16-2005, 05:45 PM
no tireballs next year either

crayfz
08-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
no tireballs next year either

What the heck the trying to do, :rolleyes: make it a stock class?

jdwxv3
08-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
Go to gncc website and look at the rule book. It tells everything you can have. I would maybe think about running beginner or c class, those stock classes turn almost equal times to the pros on laps.

I think this guy is pretty fast;) :D

MEL
08-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
thats what i heard

Pappy
08-16-2005, 07:21 PM
i sure am glad harlen is running a mix of classes next season, cuz i hate changing tires:p

trx400exxracer
08-16-2005, 07:26 PM
yeah on his sig it says #56 on his GNCC he is in the top 100 he races a class keep up the good work CORY ain't you in 3rd in your class I hpe you finish top 5 in your class then you can race pro am
good luck

kyex40047
08-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by gizmocor
Thanks Harlen........and the shocks???? can't be modified at all as far as springs on a rebuildable quad like the yami or honda??
You can revalve them, because its part of maintenance, but you won't notice any difference. You can not respring.

duke416ex
08-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3

:huh I missed something I think:confused:

jdwxv3
08-22-2005, 03:29 PM
:huh I missed something I think:confused:

You told the guy asking the question about the stock class to maybe run begginer or C. And I said that he is fast enough for stock, I belive he is running at the top of A right now.

duke416ex
08-23-2005, 07:19 AM
I didn't even pay attention to that. I have wondered why or how many of the stock class riders are sponsored or why they are not looked at more.

jb500ex
08-23-2005, 08:23 AM
I didn't even pay attention to that. I have wondered why or how many of the stock class riders are sponsored or why they are not looked at more.
the stock class gets lots of attention

duke416ex
08-23-2005, 08:28 AM
I have only gotten to attend one GNCC race so I wasn't sure how much they got. I know it blew my mind to see the lap times and to watch them ride.

smr
08-23-2005, 09:26 AM
I have only gotten to attend one GNCC race so I wasn't sure how much they got. I know it blew my mind to see the lap times and to watch them ride.

I agree with you...I was gonna run the stock class until I saw the times.

660bigdaddy
08-23-2005, 10:19 AM
jmo
blew my mind to see the lap times and to watch them ride.
remember when the stock class races the track is usually in it's best condition and the morning track is a little shorter than the afternoon.

Shawn H
08-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Remember they are still on somewhat Stock Quads.

Cant take that away from them. Kinda makes up for the rougher track and the few hundred yards the track is longer

660bigdaddy
08-24-2005, 09:56 AM
true...