PDA

View Full Version : upgrading suspension for cheap?

ZQ8Dude
08-15-2005, 02:24 PM
i went riding recently and after getting my dads raptor stuck in mud i had to race back to my truck on the EX for a tie down to use as a towstrap.

anyways while doing 40 or so through trails and over bumps/jumps i got beat to hell, and nearly came off the bike a few times.

so what would be some good options to make it better...aside from spending a couple grand for extended A-arms and expensive shocks?

i dont race, i just ride trails really really fast and drag race people when i can.

duke416ex
08-15-2005, 02:37 PM
shocks would help and a stabilizer probably would too.

Flynbryan19
08-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Get yourself a set of Works dual or triple rate non-rezzie shocks and a steering stabilizer. These two items will make a BIG difference.

AtvKid4Eva
08-15-2005, 04:47 PM
there is a set or WORKS shocks in the for sale section that r 150$ which is cheap and they fit on stock arms so they would prolly help and r cheap.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-15-2005, 04:58 PM
try adjusting your rear shock if the rear end is bouncing side to side try to slow the rebound down, as for the fronts get some aftermarket ones set up for you and your riding style they will make a would of difference. A stabilizer help a ton also.