PDA

View Full Version : no rejetting? need an answer

yellow400ex05
08-15-2005, 12:15 PM
I'm getting an hmf pipe soon and my brother told me that one of the people i ride with said they didn't rejet when they had a pipe out on it they didn't rejet. and his other friend or broter has idk which the the other guy is has a 400ex with it being jetted with a single jet and it burns gas alot more. My brother said i don't have to rejet. and i asked him wouldn't it make my quad not run and he said if u rejetted it, it would make it only run better. soo he kinda got me a little confused.:confused: :huh

300exOH
08-15-2005, 12:25 PM
You need to rejet for a new pipe. period. Anytime you increase flow you have to go up on the jetting. More air+more fuel=horsepower. It will use more fuel but it shouldn't be that noticeable. Running your engine lean is very bad and will cause excessive heat.

quadracer505
08-15-2005, 12:25 PM
it will run but really crappy and you will lose power. you have to rejet.

YFZ450Ridr
08-15-2005, 12:33 PM
the more air and fuel you get into a motor the stronger it runs. if you have more air with a pipe but dont give it more fuel by rejetting, it wont run as strong as it could and wont run right. rejet and youll have a notice on power simple as that.

Kyle_Racer_31
08-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Re-jet it...b/c mine pops and cracks all the time...i need to rejet mine 2

yellow400ex05
08-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Kyle racer does ur pipe pop and crack bc u need to rejet or is it bc u didn't rejet or is it just some thing with the pipe or quad?:confused:

JRP
08-15-2005, 01:13 PM
yea rejet for sure. my friend has a 400ex with a hmf pipe on. and he didnt rejet it. i told him he needs to but he dosent listen. it boggs alot and backfires lke crazy. i got one stupid friend:ermm:

08-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Yellow250ex04
I'm getting an hmf pipe soon and my brother told me that one of the people i ride with said they didn't rejet when they had a pipe out on it they didn't rejet. and his other friend or broter has idk which the the other guy is has a 400ex with it being jetted with a single jet and it burns gas alot more. My brother said i don't have to rejet. and i asked him wouldn't it make my quad not run and he said if u rejetted it, it would make it only run better. soo he kinda got me a little confused.:confused: :huh

talking about confused? wtf did you just say? "said they didnt rejet when they had a pipe out on it they didnt rejet" what the hell?

dood you gotta rejet, if you dont, youll end up cooking your motor..

this is a stupid *** question anyways.. stop listening to your "friends" and follow the instructions that come with the product you are installing!

Jesse

08-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Sometimes you get lucky and have a machine thats rich from the factory. ;)

08-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
talking about confused? wtf did you just say? "said they didnt rejet when they had a pipe out on it they didnt rejet" what the hell?

dood you gotta rejet, if you dont, youll end up cooking your motor..

this is a stupid *** question anyways.. stop listening to your "friends" and follow the instructions that come with the product you are installing!

Jesse

Why always so negative.. why ppl should not smoke pot :rolleyes:

08-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
Why always so negative.. why ppl should not smoke pot :rolleyes:

how is that negative? direct and to the point.. if you cant see that, then maybe YOU should lay off the pot :rolleyes:

400exstud
08-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Maybe all of us should stay off the pot?!