PDA

View Full Version : steering confusion??

steveatv3
08-15-2005, 12:01 PM
why does my toe move when my shocks go up and down. like its not just a little bit its a serious problem. i have elka LT shocks and ARS-FX a-arms

dunebuggie66
08-15-2005, 12:31 PM
that's just the way it is. your shocks compress, your toe-in becomes less. your shocks extend, your toe-in becomes more.

Jersey450R
08-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Its probably the Elka/ars-fx set up steve. ARS-FX is purposely designed to mate with Custom Axis. I told you this in your previous thread when you had gotten them. I was going to take them off Slosh's hands but you beat me to it though. I thought it was a great idea you tried your elkas but I"m not sure if that set-up is going to perform.

steveatv3
08-15-2005, 01:11 PM
i dont think the 1/4" shock differents is going to make a difference ill just look it , its probably somthing stupid

JH Racing
08-15-2005, 05:12 PM
It is bump steer. The shocks do not have anything to do with it you can take the shock off and run the arm through the travel and it will do the same thing. I do not know about ARS but the holz and walsh relocate the mount on the stem to cure this.

ajr400ex
08-16-2005, 08:15 PM
JH is right - the shocks have nothing to do with it. Talk to GT Thunder - he has different tie rod ends that cut the bump steer in half with the stock stem. The pivot points are different than the stock tie rod ends.