PDA

View Full Version : HMF slip-on...which header?

Jersey450R
08-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Hey i was wondering what head pipe will work with a HMF slip on. I dont want to send it to HMF themselves because they charge almost 300 bucks to do the job. Anyone running a different header with the HMF slip-on? For example...maybe DG, White brothers, etc...? thanks.
dave

bwamos
08-15-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
I dont want to send it to HMF themselves because they charge almost 300 bucks to do the job.

Why would you have to send anyhting to HMF? You just slip the two together and clamp it. You don't need to weld them together.

But to answer your question. Yea WhiteBro's and FMF will both work with the HMF slip-on.

underpowered
08-15-2005, 11:41 AM
WHITE BROS WILL NOT WORK. been there, tried that. i bought one used from a fellow member of Exrider.com. he swore it would work. i got it and it is about 6-8" too short. Pro circuit will work, as will Bills,and Fmf.

Jersey450R
08-15-2005, 12:38 PM
ok, thanks guys. I know you can clamp them together, i'm not that dumb. when i talked to mike at HMF, he said i would have to ship it there:huh . He also used to be a site sponsor for this site too :p . I may go with FMF just to see how it works. I can get a used one real cheap. can some of you guys post a pic of this or any set up with the HMF slip-on if you can find one? I looked all over but no luck.

underpowered
08-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Rico has an HMF slip on with an FMF powerbomb header. PM him to se how he likes it. He has had it for a while now.

kyleschonert
08-16-2005, 09:51 AM
my friend has a white bro. header on his 300 with an hmf slip on and he had to cut the header b/c it was to big.

Id get the fmf header, they look alot better than the wb's. they dont have that used look, the fmf's stay cleaner longer.

Jersey450R
08-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
my friend has a white bro. header on his 300 with an hmf slip on and he had to cut the header b/c it was to big.

Id get the fmf header, they look alot better than the wb's. they dont have that used look, the fmf's stay cleaner longer.
i'm talking about a 450R, not a 300ex.