PDA

View Full Version : race tech ?????

fourplay
06-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Has anyone tried using the race tech shock gold valves? Right now I have the stock rear with works front triple rate.I changed the oil and recharged the fronts myself. I want to do the rear now and i am not sure if I want to have works do what they call the heart transplant or try this race tech thing but I have never heard of it. Any info would be helpful. Thanks :confused:

cdalejef
06-05-2002, 05:15 PM
The RaceTech Gold Valves are awesome! I always use them in the front and rear of my dirt bikes, it is a big improvement. I haven't used it on my quad rear shock but I am sure it is a great setup. I had Works do a heart transplant on one of my quads a few years ago and it was a pretty decent setup, not quite as good as a MacDaddy kit.

Pro400EXC
06-05-2002, 11:00 PM
Yah,the founder of Race Tech used to work for Showa or something,but anyways,he knows his chit.

Hey Jeff,you think i could send like my rear shock to RG# or Factory Connection or soemthing, and they can re-vavle it,since they do awsome dirtbike work?

Also Jeff, I have some Legacy ATV shocks,they are dual-rate,but could i get 4 top springs and them spacers,and make them triple?

Also,how mcuh is a re-vavle for shocks?

I got my shocks from Adam Sick (you may of heard of him,he made the 400ex/330r/426F quad) and they are vavled for a 130lb MX rider with +2 arms.

I weigh 220lb and ride woods with std. arms,so he said they should be just right for what i do, what do you thing?

Also,how much is a re-vavle on shocks?thks.

Thks Jeff and HammerHeads,
Pro

06-06-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by fourplay
Has anyone tried using the race tech shock gold valves?

Those valves are what Terry Marcum uses on his rear shock rebuilds,,,and so far I'm very impressed with the way my rebuilt stock shock has worked..:D

cdalejef
06-06-2002, 08:57 PM
There is a Race Tech shop here in town, if you want I can get you hooked up with him. He does the suspension on my dirt bikes for me.

I'm not sure about the Legacy shocks, I don't know anything about them. You can send them to us and we can see what we can do.
Call us for pricing on the revalve.