PDA

View Full Version : back152....kinda screwed me over....

TucsonCannibal
08-14-2005, 11:26 PM
back152.....

I bought an 03' Cannibal from him.... not very happy. In his ad, he said that he bought the bike new and has not rode it very much.. but said that it had some scratches and cracks on the plastic. Ok, I can live with that. He also said that "this atv is in good shape".

Well.... I picked up the bike and thursday, and it was not in the condition that he said it was. Upon inspection, the plactic looks like it has been rode hard for 2 years. The wiring was hacked up to put in the heated grips, the chain is shot, axle carrier bearing is shot, front tie rod ends are shot, ALL the A-arm bushings are shot, the clutch is going out, and one of the bolt holes to hold the steering stem to the frame is ovaled out... not too mention all the missing hardware and wrong hardware. Oh yea, the "new" holeshots have chunks out of a bunch of the lugs on both tires.

Now I know that you take a chance buying a used bike, but damn, when the guys says it it is good condition and not rode that much... you exspect it to be that way. I got it for $3300 shipped, but in my opinion, should have been less. Let me know what ya'll think after reading his ad.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171789

Quadfather
08-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Never spend that kind of dough on something you can't check out first.

Live and learn, Grasshopper.