PDA

View Full Version : Drag racing sand paddles

400exrider0004
08-14-2005, 10:18 PM
What are the best sand drag racing paddle tires you can buy for the 400ex?

plkmonster2
08-14-2005, 11:17 PM
I think everyone will say the 7 paddle, 20 inch tall haulers.

SHADETREE101
08-15-2005, 05:22 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/shadetree101/100-0018_IMG.jpg

mcfly
08-15-2005, 07:03 AM
those 4-snow tires suck in sand for a holeshot. for some reason they always kick to the side before launching forward. i havent tried the haulers yet, but the ones ive had the best luck so far with were tires similar to sand skates.

beautiful bike shadetree.

SHADETREE101
08-15-2005, 08:20 AM
yeah they kick out sometimes, but i haven't had much problem with that i guess because of the extended swingarm. thanks for the comment. if you are looking for a straight paddle, most run a 6-7 paddle. they take away from top end but you will come out harder. i.ve used the v paddles also, they really kickout, i guess because they are made for turning.

SHADETREE101
08-15-2005, 08:22 AM
mcfly, you ever go to st.joe's that's where i ride. maybe i'll see you there sometime.

murrays400ex
08-15-2005, 10:06 AM
hallers r the best dragers but sandstars r the best all around

mcfly
08-15-2005, 06:21 PM
holy crap i didnt even notice u were from st louis, shadetree ...even better!! we are campin at st joe the weekend of the 27th of august. my 400ex and my buddies 450r will prolly be the only ones from here this time. usually we pack a pretty large crowd. i'd love to get a closer look at your bike. i've only had mine for a lil over a month and need some ideas. st. joe is where i noticed the 4snows really kicking out on EVERY bike that ran them. the sand skates and other "V" styles didnt seem to kick at all as well as the few haulers i saw there. i've found a set of paddles that i've never seen b4 that i think i'll try when i get around to buying them. they've got a lateral support along the paddle to give it straight forward hard launches as well as directional stability for turns. seem like an awesome paddle. im a lil surprised i havent seen more of them around.

SHADETREE101
08-15-2005, 06:44 PM
well it looks like a weekend i have to work, but if the weather looks nice i might take a vacation day . p.m. me before you go and maybe we can hook up. i'll introduce you to all the regulars.

jsmith2232
08-16-2005, 07:30 PM
i run the itp sand star II's, they have 8 main lugs and 8 secondary lugs, they really bite in well, the only thing is if i am going for 2nd gear holeshots i need to run 2.5psi or they bite in too well but they are awesome wheelie paddles.

400exrider0004
08-16-2005, 11:28 PM
what are sand star II's and could you show me a pic of them!
Thanks

mcfly
08-17-2005, 12:47 AM
cmon man, do a search...or check itp's website. http://www.itptires.com/

jsmith2232
08-17-2005, 05:00 PM
before i had the sand star IIs i had a set of used sand skate II's which are about the same thing except without the secondary paddle, they worked well but i only got to use them once before the left one blew out on the side wall coming over test hill at silver.

Chino886
08-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by mcfly
holy crap i didnt even notice u were from st louis, shadetree ...even better!! we are campin at st joe the weekend of the 27th of august. my 400ex and my buddies 450r will prolly be the only ones from here this time. usually we pack a pretty large crowd. i'd love to get a closer look at your bike. i've only had mine for a lil over a month and need some ideas. st. joe is where i noticed the 4snows really kicking out on EVERY bike that ran them. the sand skates and other "V" styles didnt seem to kick at all as well as the few haulers i saw there. i've found a set of paddles that i've never seen b4 that i think i'll try when i get around to buying them. they've got a lateral support along the paddle to give it straight forward hard launches as well as directional stability for turns. seem like an awesome paddle. im a lil surprised i havent seen more of them around.

Hey Guys, I am from KC, are you guys talking about St. Joseph MO, where can you ride up there. Is there sand, or what kind of riding is it?

D

mcfly
08-18-2005, 05:33 PM
actually we were talkin about st joe state park, near farmington , mo. its quite a drive for you but definitely worth it in my opinion. about the only areas near you i can think of are deepwater and finger lakes. deepwater has a great mx track and lotsa mud, fingers has lotsa hill climbs but generally sux in my humble opinion.

Chino886
08-19-2005, 06:19 AM
Yeah, I agree Fingers does suck, they don't groom it like they should. There was a MX park that we used to ride at in Hamilton MO, Grindstone, but they are going through a legal battle to they are temporarily closed. I heard Deepwater is fun, but you have to clean your bike really well after you are done.