PDA

View Full Version : please help, read this utility boys.

kyleschonert
08-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Im not sure if this is the right category to post this in, but all you utility guys listen up. I was riding my dads electric shift rancher back to the shed the other day and down shifted from 3rd to 2nd and it died, so i tried shifting to nuetral, and the 2 in the gear position box on the digital display was flashing and it wouldnt go into nuetral. I went riding the other day and it was fine, then I washed it and washed under the fenders where all the electrical is with a hose, then dried it off, and the next day it was doing this. IM really confused and hes gettin pissed, please help me out.

eganracing
08-14-2005, 10:58 PM
sounds like the water is creating a short 'in the electrical.

HondaEXrider22
08-15-2005, 07:59 AM
Yea check all the grounds in the battery, check the carb is getting gas, all the normal stupid stupid stuff you wouldnt think of.

kyleschonert
08-15-2005, 12:32 PM
we had it out yesterday, and he shifted it into nuetral with the suipplied tools and started it up, and it hasnt done it since. But i donno. Lets just hope it doesnt again.

F-16Guy
08-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Pretty common with the ES Honda models. There is a sensor that needs to be replaced. If the quad is new enough, Honda will probably warranty it. In my opinion, there should have been a recall for that problem, since almost everyone I know with any of the ES models has had that problem.