PDA

View Full Version : Jrd No Link Swingarm?????

stever250r
08-14-2005, 02:58 PM
I purchased a JRD no link swingarm off of ebay, 88 style supposed to be stock length. WHen I measure from center of pivot bolt to center of axle housing I only get 17.5". I read on another post that stock 88 swinger should measure 18.5"

Is it possible that my measurement is shorter because it is a no link swinger or do you think I actually have a -1 swingarm?

Do they even manufacture 88 style swingers in -1 length?

I need to know what I have. Previous owner said he ordered stock lenght.

Any thoughts? Anyone else have a JRD No link swingarm I could compare measurements with????

250R Baja Rider
08-14-2005, 06:30 PM
you probably have a -1 88-89 swinger.

Your rear shock will behave a little different. Try it that way first. If you don't like the ride, then make the necessary changes.

250R Baja Rider
08-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Check the shock mount location on the frame too and compare it with a stock frame. Some companies move the shock mount up or down for different types of set ups.

stever250r
08-14-2005, 06:42 PM
It is a stock frame modified by Walsh to use a no link swingarm. The mounts for the rear link are no longer on the frame. Upper shock mount is in the original location.

The JRD swingarm is designed to work with a stock geometry frame. That is why I went with it. I thought that might have something to do with why it was only measuring out at 17.5"

I will call JRD tomorrow and find out for sure.

Thanks