PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on an 88r soon to be for sale

The Beanery
08-14-2005, 02:48 PM
I have an 88r, 95% stock except front and rear bumpers, and handlbars. It has the stock key but not the plate that key fits in. I beleive the motor is on its original bore. I am the second owner of this quad and the 2 years I have owned it, I have only ridden it once up and down the street. I have more toys than drivers including 2 more 250r's. The bike has not been registered since 1990. I have all original paperwork including the original receipt. The original plastics were beat to hell, I replaced them with some good used OEMs. The bumpers were rusty so I replaced them with RIS front and back. The seat has a small hole in it and their is some superficial rust on a-arms. The frame could use a good powdercoat. I did not want to paint the a-arms and frame because I did not want it to look like I was hiding something. I was in the process of swapping the rusted stock exhaust pipe with another stock pipe when the head of the screw boke off, so as soon as i swap the exhaust and complete the registration it will be ready for its new home. This quad can be ridden as-is or is ready for a complete rebuild. Pics and details to come. I am posting now because maybe it will motivate me to hurry up and get rid of this thing before I change my mind again.