PDA

View Full Version : ktm Hybrid

400ex87
08-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Well guys things are really rolling into motion now. I sold all of my stuff from my r. Went to ohio on friday to pick up my 02 520sx that i purchased fromd decker cycles in ohio. Very good people. And let me say, even though I am all about quads, i must say Ktm makes the nicest bikes from the factory that i have ever seen. I would really love to see a ktm production quad. Yesterday my buddy bought up the rest of the bike from me so i ended up only paying $2000 for everything that i needed(engine, carb, electronics, and hydro clutch) I have never had an engine that starts first kick every time!! It has the high compression 12.5:1 piston, hotcam, powernow system, and the mxc close ratio 6 speed. This thing is set up perfect for mx. Now my big worry was if it would fit into my laeger cr500 link frame. Anyone that tells you it wont is full of BS. It is actually a great fit. The water pump has like an ich to clear the frame. It fits nice and will not require many mods or require a new gas tank. In fact the highest part is the big carb. I am bringing it down to a local metal fabricator tomarrow and it should be bolted in soon. Then its going to tom carleson at tc racing as he will be custom making me a shorty pipe. i will post pics soon. I would highly recomend this conversion. You dont even have problems with the kicker! It clears the frame perfectly.

well..more later
billy

trict_out
08-14-2005, 02:25 PM
keep us all updated i'm sure several members from the site will take a lot of interest in your progress!:D

400ex28
08-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Sounds awsome, keep us updated!! I love threads like these. :cool:

hardkoratvmxr
08-14-2005, 05:16 PM
yea make sure you post a lot of pics

400ex87
08-14-2005, 09:48 PM
i'll post some up tomarrow morning b4 my trip to the fabricators