PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a kill switch

TheFontMaster
08-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Well I have a tether kill switch in the mail. Today I had a person I know that used to be an electrician come over to look at the wiering to see if we could get st started or close to starting. We got a few things figured out, but I have some questions now.

I was planning on running just the teather kill switch, and no ignition switch. What do I have to do to the wires to bypass anything that the ignition switch would run. I'm not going to run lights so I don't need it, or do I really need it. I thought I've seen people that use just a kill switch.

Jester
08-14-2005, 10:13 AM
I only run a kill, I have the lights hard wired.

One wire to the hot side of the coil, and one wire to ground, that simple.

TheFontMaster
08-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Jester
I only run a kill, I have the lights hard wired.

One wire to the hot side of the coil, and one wire to ground, that simple.

Another question, there is one set of 4 wires thats connected to a plastic clip thing, I think that hooked to the factory kill/on off light switch. What do I have to do with those 4 wires?

Jester
08-14-2005, 12:06 PM
check the wiring diagram, see what they do, if you don't us anything on it, don't worry about it, I'd just cover it from the elements.

Dave83
08-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Like mentioned 1 wire to hot side of coil(black terminal) the other wire to ground.If its a pro design,be sure to take the side coming from the aluminum end of the switch to ground and the wire from the plastic end to the coil.

ground_zero298
08-17-2005, 05:53 PM
you can hook it into where the key goes in. Theirs 2 wires thats it, when they touch the bike stops when you take them apart they run. You could splice into that and still have the key and head lights work. I know this because I took the ignition switch out of mine and run a seperate kill switch witch is hidden in the back of the bike. R's are very easy to start with out a key, clip one wire from the ignition switch and that's it.

TheFontMaster
08-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Well I didn't get an ignition switch with the wireing to use as refference, there is a plug with 3 wires going into it, I think that is what pluged into the factory ignition switch, the wires are green, white, and brown, are those ones that I have to hook the kill switch too.

And another question, there is a black wire comming off of the coil, is that my ground wire?