PDA

View Full Version : Home from the dunes/now question!

450RgETiRdONE
08-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Just got back late last night, freakin parking lots were packed but no one was riding. (probe rebuilding their broken down pieces) Its was awesome... The bowls were great of cousre and the beach was nice! But were the edge of the sand goes off down into the steep trails in the trees. I have one question i was able to make it up all of them on my trx450r, but my bike is bone stock and has a 13tooth on it. Okay no airfilter not rejetted and the airbox lid is still on. I got stuck on this one trail apparently its the steepest there! And the sand just falls back due to it was so dry and loose that i got stuck hit n 2nd. i could only do it in first. but im also 240lb dude and that bike weighs 250 too.. that a lot weight going up the hill............how ever i could only do it in first. but all of the other trails i hit 2nd and screamed up them...

i think its because you wrap around this tree and it goes straigt up. hard to get speed up.. dunno what you all think??

The guy at my local honda shop said "if you are going to install an after market air filter and you dont buy a new muffler than leave the air box lid on and dont rejet!"

Okay that seem right or this dude trying to sell me exaust for 500 bucks just so i can rejet and take off my air box lid...

My bro has a 400ex k&n, dyno re-jet, and 13tooth, it was able to do every thing no problem. And has stock muffler

Please help thanx.

nosliw
08-13-2005, 02:23 PM
the bike weighs about 350lbs, not 250lbs.

your running NO airfilter? :confused: :confused: :confused:

and the jetting things may be right and may not be right. end results varie from bike to bike.

and i have no clue what else you were asking....

z400roosteR
08-13-2005, 04:46 PM
..........Paddles, or pipe + airfilter + rejet!!!! or both then there won't be a hill you cannot climb (unless maybe glamis or st anthony's or some ****)

2004exrider
08-13-2005, 07:56 PM
NO AIRFILTER:eek2: ... and your riding in sand, please tell me your joking!!!!!!! either way, you probly couldnt hit it in second because you couldnt get enough speed to make it up it. should have just done it in first, 2nd gear is way to high especially when you dont have enough speed going at it.

08-13-2005, 09:39 PM
I just read that and had no idear what you where asking. maby it is becasue it is late or sumthin

450RgETiRdONE
08-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah I was hella tired when I wrote that post but not late.

I have an airfilter on it, but its not K&N, or UNI, or a BMC, just stock with the airbox lid on, and stock jetting w/stock muffler, and a paddle haulers.

My bad yeah 350lbs, sorry!

Any way so you guys, think once a get after market airfilter, and rejet, w/ no airbox lid i should be set?

I will down the road look at getting muffler but not now!

z400roosteR
08-14-2005, 07:11 PM
you have paddles and couldnt make it up? either 1) get more power behind those paddles 2) get less paddles maybe or 3) sell the honda and get a real bike! :devil: j/k