PDA

View Full Version : Stopping oil leak without taking all apart?

FoxRacing81
08-13-2005, 11:30 AM
I got a few oil leaks, not the headgasket or anything, just a couple other gaskets that leak and make me mad.

Is there anything I can add to my oil to make it stop or any kinda product I can use without taking my motor all apart? I really do not wanna do that.

-Justin

2004exrider
08-13-2005, 01:04 PM
i wouldnt put any of those additives in oil for a motor with a wet clutch, id be afraid of messing it up. better off just replacing them, that stuff doesnt work half the time anyways.

Jimmy

key4202003
08-13-2005, 03:01 PM
see if its just a bolt that has just rattled loose... happened to me true story i swear, just dont hold me to it cause i will just deni it so it other words purple monkey dishwasher... bla bla bla:p

FoxRacing81
08-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Nah they aren't loose...

I already tried this spray stuff on 1 of the areas...didn't work to well...but I'm gonna build it up so it can't move form that area and see if it works.

Any more comments....

-Justin

TC426EX
08-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Problem is, nothing really seals against oil man. Wherever its leaking is going to keep leaking until you fix it right. Nothing will work to seal it from the outside... not even permatex, and I wouldnt use any of those automotive internal sealer fluids. Gotta bite the bullet, isolate the leak and fix it right

Chino
08-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Problem is, nothing really seals against oil man. Wherever its leaking is going to keep leaking until you fix it right. Nothing will work to seal it from the outside... not even permatex, and I wouldnt use any of those automotive internal sealer fluids. Gotta bite the bullet, isolate the leak and fix it right

i agree, no need in chancing something stupid, tear it down one weekend get a good gasket and put it back together.

FoxRacing81
08-14-2005, 05:55 PM
I may have stopped it. I have been having luck with this Permatex spray sealent stuff lately. It I mighta got it good because so far I don't see any leaks.

It is leaking around the automatic timing chain tensioner and 2 allen head bolts on the top side of the head cover...

-Justin

jamienlogan
08-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Just replace the gasket on the timing chain tensioner, it only takes a few seconds to take off.