PDA

View Full Version : Do you know this information about cams?

onlyquad
08-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Im the owner of 400ex 2005.
I have uni filter and hmf slip on, in it. The motor is stock.
I am a recreational rider of hard trails and woods.
Im considering the installation of the HOT CAM STAGE ONE. I like this cam because is relatively cheap, is for bottom and midrange power, drop in cam, and dont need other modifications as hardened rockers.
I did a search in this forum and found there has been one particular fact: This cam ticks constantly and is very, very loud.
My questions:
1- Is this correct ?
2- It wont cause any damage ?
3- Is this a real problem ?
4- If I dont take the HOT CAM STAGE ONE, which other type of cam in other brand, have similar characteristics ? (relatively cheap, for bottom and midrange power, drop in cam, and dont need other modifications as hardened rockers)
THANKS.

DaleJrFan
08-12-2005, 08:18 PM
i have a stg 2 and it ticks just a little bit louder than the stock. unless you are going to go with a full exaust at the same time, you wont notice that much of a difference with just the cam. hotcams are easy to install and very reliable, you wont be dissapointed, but no they do not cause any damage as long as you go back and re-adjust your valves after the cam is seated properly.

jak1389
08-12-2005, 08:45 PM
yes the stage one does tick kinda loud. it doesnt hurt anything and is normal for this cam. a stage one is perfect for your riding. i would deffiantly get the stage 1.

murrays400ex
08-12-2005, 09:01 PM
1 and 2 are both good it depends what u want if u want bottem do 1 if u do 2 exelant mid and ok top 3 is top and 4 takes bottem and give **** load of top