PDA

View Full Version : Tips when installing Raptor Shock

Sjorge450R
08-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I got my Raptor shock in mail this after noon and i need too know some tips on installation. If anyone has any pics of where they put the rezzie please post them. Thanks,
Steve

300exPat
08-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Just take out the bolts on top and bottom of the old shock and put in the new one... it's not anything special. Mounting the rezzy might seem to be a pain in the *** because the line is very short but I did it in a perfect spot right on the left side if you're sitting on it. It goes underneath the fender just a tad and you can see it from the outside, i'd post pics put I just lost my webspace and I don't feel like starting photobucket right now :(

Good luck

Trevor
08-15-2005, 05:48 AM
To mount the rese you have to remove yout coil and fuse holder and then the rese will fit right up over part of the frame and you mount itto the part of the frame right by your front sprocket.

Sjorge450R
08-15-2005, 02:27 PM
i had no problem with the rezzie it was the top mount that played he l l to go in. I had to hit it with a nail punch for like five min. And other than that i have to go to my yamaha dealer for a the shock spacer washers for the bottom mount. Mine only came with one pair.

Trevor
08-16-2005, 05:37 AM
Mine was missing one of the top mount washers but we made one and it seemed to work fine. The top shock bolt was a pain in the ***** to line up on mine but I bounced on the bike compressing the spring wile my brother inlaw beat the bolt through the mount. That was the only trouble we had though.

Sjorge450R
08-16-2005, 07:21 AM
i called and ordered the parts from my local yamaha dealer yesterday. $21.63 later. The latest that i should have them is next week this time. I was going to make my own and wanted it done right. Because the next time the bike will be striped down is this winter when i am going to paint the frame and replace the plastics.

Trevor
08-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Yeah the top washers were 7.50 each not much but I had it all apart when I noticed I needed one and I didn't want to wait.