PDA

View Full Version : DRZ gasket set w/ hot cams.

nemesis
08-12-2005, 03:57 PM
I am going to be ordering a Drz gasket set, Valve springs, HD timing chain, and both hot cams. I am thinking aboutgoing with the Alba CDI b/c the price. I with change to a dyna programmer latter but is the Alba CDI any good? Also would anyone do anything different? I am on a $600 budget but need some more power before I hit the dunes on labor day.

I will be installing everything myself so I will be spending $600 on just parts.

fsesb
08-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Alba appears to be a rebadged Procom, which apparently = crap. Don't know for certain but that what "THEY" say, followed by save your monies and buy a vortex or dyna.

AceLtz
08-12-2005, 04:46 PM
the alba is a procom. its a shame, now yoshimura has contracted procom to start making thier cdis. god procom is such bull**** why cant the companies see that. the only thing left to do, GO DYNA!

nemesis
08-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Is there any other good companies that don't charge you an arm and a leg.
Please don't tell me to wait and spend the money on the best part b/c I can't. I buy too much stuff and have too many different hobbies to buy all the best stuff, so is there any cdi's out there that a cost effective.

What is so bad about the Alba exactly. I hate hearing people say certain products suck but they have no idea exactly why they suck. Can someone tell me what the cons are about this CDI?