PDA

View Full Version : 300ex aftermarket headlights & Bumper?

300EXGurl
08-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Hey, I'm going to take off the plastic over the stock handlebars and the headlight and I was wonderin what aftermarket lights should I get...to put on the handlebars? I want something cheap...Preferably under $100 just as back up or if I go night riding...& also, I'm buying a front bumper...I also want something under $100 by far...I have stock plastic still on mine.I myself like the AC Racing Bumper but I haven't actually seen it on a stock plastic 300 so I don't kno how it looks...If not that what would you recommend? I'm getting a 250R Hood to put on it sometime when I get time to get one...? ? ?

srfootball50
08-12-2005, 02:22 PM
i found a set of lights in the automotive section in walmart for like $10-$15 they dont look bad either and they were 55 watt halogens so they work real good you just have to split some wires to make them work if you want to use the stock light switches as for bumpers the ac bumper looks good with full fenders and if you cut your fenders they still look good but i think the dg bumper looks better with full fenders but it doesnt look as good with cut fenders

300exOH
08-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 300EXGurl
Hey, I'm going to take off the plastic over the stock handlebars and the headlight and I was wonderin what aftermarket lights should I get...to put on the handlebars? I want something cheap...Preferably under $100 just as back up or if I go night riding...& also, I'm buying a front bumper...I also want something under $100 by far...I have stock plastic still on mine.I myself like the AC Racing Bumper but I haven't actually seen it on a stock plastic 300 so I don't kno how it looks...If not that what would you recommend? I'm getting a 250R Hood to put on it sometime when I get time to get one...? ? ?

You can buy an 88 250r maier hood that uses the stock 250r/300ex light. Personally I like the ac mudscreen bumper but there are many folks who have one. I have an older style one on mine.

300EXGurl
08-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Yea, my sister's boyfriend bought them at WalMart for $15. but the way he put them on his, looks pretty crappy. They aren't bolted on or anything I don't think, just like ziptied to the handlebars. I thought about them Trail Tech lights but they are way too expansive for what I would be using them for, they are like $134, so that's out of the question. I have my stock plastic so I can't cut my fenders and I don't want to anyways because I ride in the woods and the creek mainly. I just wants what looks the best for the price.My sis' bf has a DG Front Bumper that looks okay but I think I'd like the AC better. Does anyone have a front pic of a 300 w/ the AC on? ? ?

300exryder03
08-23-2005, 01:07 PM
yea u can get some walmart specials. they work perfect even briter than stock heres a pic of wut i did.

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL645/3965039/8216192/109624117.jpg

let me know how u like them. oh and btw i will be gettin a AC bumper here shortly i will post it up when i do.