PDA

View Full Version : Fuses on the 300EX

BigDon
06-05-2002, 08:47 AM
I've found the fuse for the starter (under the sear on the left hand side). Are there any other fuses? and if so where?

My lights quite working (front and back) and I'm trying to figure out what happened.

Thanks!

Scott
06-05-2002, 08:58 AM
You found the main fuse. For the lights, I'd grab a volt meter and check for power to the light switch. If there's power there, the problem is somewhere downstream (between the switch and the light bulbs). If there's no power at the light switch, backtrack the wires and see where 12V appears.

BigDon
06-05-2002, 03:34 PM
So from this, I can guess I'm right in that there are NO fuses for the lights. Which means as you pointed out I start hunting for the last point of power to the lights...

Thanks

muff
06-05-2002, 06:24 PM
do they work when the quad is running?

check the plug thyat goes into the back of the light, it seems like it'd be hard to come off but strange stuff happens

Scott
06-06-2002, 06:06 AM
There's not an inline fuse for the lights that I can remember BigDon.

BigDon
06-06-2002, 01:40 PM
Muff,

The lights do not work when the quad is running.

I’ll try disconnecting then reconnecting the plug the goes into the lights. My front nor the back lights work.

Scott,

Any idea WHERE that inline fuse is at. I haven’t found it, but then I’ve missed things before J

Scott
06-06-2002, 01:44 PM
No, BigDon, I said there is NOT an inline fuse for the headlights on the 300 that I can remember. You don't have to look for one.

BigDon
06-07-2002, 04:15 PM
Duh… Just didn’t read your response correctly.

Thanks!

"BLAHH"300!!
06-08-2002, 04:04 PM
i could be something like corrosion on the connection's
pour some coca-cola on the corrosion, the acid from the coke will eat it away. coke, dr-pepper, anything that fizz's when you open it..

no bling bling blue lights quite working the other day..i looked everywhere, ended up in the switch. (aftermarket switch that came with my foglight's) poured a little coke in there got a papper clip and dugg around in there a munte and walahh..bling bling
i taped the switch up with some electric tape after that.

i also went ahead and wired in a bus fuse after that too.

BigDon
06-18-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by "BLAHH"300!!
i could be something like corrosion on the connection's

BINGO... It was corrosion on the connections (inside the light switch). THANKS!