PDA

View Full Version : We need your HELP!

Racing Rice
08-12-2005, 05:54 AM
We need your help fellow riders. There is a guy at www.riderforums.com that was paralyzed from the chest down a little over a year ago when a van pulled out in front of him while he was riding his Z1000. After a long ordeal with battling with insurance companies, loosing his job, and pretty much having to readjust to his new lifestyle he wants to ride again. All of the members at riderforums.com have put money together to purchase him a new bike, and turn it into a trike so that he can fullfil his dream of getting back on a the road.

Here is where we need your help though. We are looking for the whole swingarm section from a 400EX or a 250R. These parts will need to support a 125HP sportbike motor..

Here is what we need:
- A Steel swingarm
- A non-adjustable rear axle (preferably after market, unless someone knows for sure that a stock axle can withstand 125HP.
- Dual row carrier bearings
- Rear brake caliper
- Rear rotor (w/ stuff needed to mount)
- Rear hubs

I hope I remembered everything. I know this is asking for a lot, but we are hoping that if you have the parts laying around and can find it in your heart to part with them for this awesome project everyone at riderforums would be greatly appreciative.

If you do have some of these parts we need, please contact me at racingrice97@hotmail.com

Here is a link to the thread that for the progress of this project.
http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17978

Orange-Appeal
08-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Bump.... This is for a very good cause...

Orange-Appeal
08-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Any one ?

Stock axle ?
Stock bearing carrier ?
Steel swing arm thats bent or busted in the front ?

:confused:

jonny2stroke
08-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Ive got a stock axle from a 400EX if it will work you can have it.