PDA

View Full Version : Installed Yosh trs and got BIG FLAMES- Need Advice

Just4fun
08-11-2005, 09:00 PM
I installed a yosh trs full system today, I put a gy needle and put it on the 4th notch and put a 48 pilot with a 175 main w/ the mixture screw 2 1/2 turns out. The bike idles fine and runs fun when your on the gas but on decel and just having it in idle and gassing it it back fires and shoots out blue flames. So I changed main jets back to a 172 and put a 45 pilot in and tried that and same thing. It actually ran better but was still shooting flames, I made sure that I had no leaks anywhere and starting playing with the mixture screw going in to 1 1/2 turns and as far out as 3 1/2 turns and got the same results. So the only thing I can think of is that I didn't put a new exhaust port gasket in when I did the install and its sucking air there, so I am going to get one tomorrow and try that. Does anyone else have any advice?

blasteracer24
08-12-2005, 09:49 AM
i dont think we will be able to help you till we se the flames....:)

Just4fun
08-12-2005, 05:05 PM
I think I have it almost where it needs to be. The bike is idleing smooth and has no dead spots in any gear and its pulling real hard. It still has a little pop on decel but I guess I am going to have to live with it. The plug is reading perfect so I guess its just a little off, but good enough for now.

Just4fun
08-13-2005, 02:41 PM
I finally got it. Thank god. I ended up running the yz needle on the 5th clip with a 48p and a 172m 3 turns out and its perfect.