PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera ???

TwentyBelow131
08-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Im in the market for a digital camera. Ive never owned one before. I see some that are 3 megapixel and some that are 9 megapixel. What size would be best for someone getting into cameras but wants good quality pics. And what brands are better than other other. Im looking to spend no more than 300 dollars. Maybe alittle more if that cant get me a desent camera.

Thanks,
Chris

Killa250ex
08-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Look for one thats around 4 or 5 mega pixel, 9 is like, pro photog, I have owned three Sony Cybershot Digital cameras and ive loved them all, they still work excellent, Prices are pretty good too.

I deff recommend Sony!

Heres the one I have now...

Huge LCD and great pics!

Killa250ex
08-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Its was around $300 i believe

TwentyBelow131
08-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Alright thanks, I think I might get the 4 megapixel cybershot. I think it should be fine for what I want to use it for.

derekhonda
08-11-2005, 09:34 PM
search ebay, there are great cameras on there that come with a full warranty for a ton off msrp. I just picked up a 10 mp for 90 dollars brand new 2 year warranty and all the software.

Rastus
08-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Also make sure the camera you pick has Optical zoom, because digital zoom has its limitations.

sampleez
08-11-2005, 09:58 PM
i've got a kodak easyshare dx 4530. it's a 5 mega pixel, and it's pretty nice. i got it last thanksgiving for about $250, so it ought to be a lot less now.

http://www.mo.com.ua/news/n_img/kodak_dx4530.jpg

a pic from it , cropped and sized down.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4072/downhill013qf.jpg

QuadJunkies
08-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by TwentyBelow131
Alright thanks, I think I might get the 4 megapixel cybershot. I think it should be fine for what I want to use it for. I have( or,should I say HAD) a cybershot, they take nice pics, but I had my warrentied and replaced twice now and its broke AGAIN .:rolleyes: Also, be prepared for delays in shutter speed, if you want a camera that takes instant action shots this camera WILL NOT.. I have taken over 3000 pics and its a pain to get th eright shot with it, now if its just for the average use camera, it will work fine for you Im sure, but I wont be buying another one, Im saving up for a Cannon this time ;)

I was also told to stay away from those massive mega pixel cams

250R-Dee
08-12-2005, 12:24 AM
I have a cybershot DSC-717 and action shots are not a problem for me. Last week I was taking pics of a moving vehicles from the inside of a different moving vehicle and the pics were crystal clear:D

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_f717-review/camera-front-angled.jpg

My cell phone is 3.2 megapixels so the size of the DSC717 is not a problem for me.

QuadRacer041
08-12-2005, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I have( or,should I say HAD) a cybershot, they take nice pics, but I had my warrentied and replaced twice now and its broke AGAIN .:rolleyes: Also, be prepared for delays in shutter speed, if you want a camera that takes instant action shots this camera WILL NOT.. I have taken over 3000 pics and its a pain to get th eright shot with it, now if its just for the average use camera, it will work fine for you Im sure, but I wont be buying another one, Im saving up for a Cannon this time ;)

I was also told to stay away from those massive mega pixel cams

i bought my wife a sony cyberhsot ands thats the biggest complaint we have, delays in the shutter speed.
what kind of camera would you reccomend for taking good, clear and fast action shots????

08-12-2005, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
i bought my wife a sony cyberhsot ands thats the biggest complaint we have, delays in the shutter speed.
what kind of camera would you reccomend for taking good, clear and fast action shots????

nikon, or cannon, they are a little on the more expensive side, but you can adjust the speed, and have no delay, like the sony's...

btw, i dig the sonys, just hate the 5 million flasshes then the picture flash crap it does

Jesse

TwentyBelow131
08-12-2005, 08:43 AM
Im gonna look in to cannons also. Does anyone know how kodak or HP digital cameras are?

QuadJunkies
08-12-2005, 08:45 AM
a Cannon Rebel will set you back about 1000.00 plus a lense. Now ya know why Im saving!:eek2: :p

But just look at Harlens pics, the quality is so sweet.

QuadJunkies
08-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by TRX250RJapan
I have a cybershot DSC-717 and action shots are not a problem for me. Last week I was taking pics of a moving vehicles from the inside of a different moving vehicle and the pics were crystal clear:D

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_f717-review/camera-front-angled.jpg

My cell phone is 3.2 megapixels so the size of the DSC717 is not a problem for me.

It all depends on the shot I guess too... For some reason, this day my camera took sweet pics ..... but indoors it sucksso bad for speed shots , I took pics of a stadium race and not one pitsure out of 200 turned out .:mad:

QuadRacer041
08-12-2005, 09:04 AM
how bout a connon or nikon in the $500 range, that has good picture quality and adjustable shutter speed?

08-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
It all depends on the shot I guess too... For some reason, this day my camera took sweet pics ..... but indoors it sucksso bad for speed shots , I took pics of a stadium race and not one pitsure out of 200 turned out .:mad:

no offense to you.. but if you think that is a good picture, wait till you get a cannon.. you will defaintly see the difference..

cool pic btw ;)

Jesse

QuadJunkies
08-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
no offense to you.. but if you think that is a good picture, wait till you get a cannon.. you will defaintly see the difference..

cool pic btw ;)

Jesse
NO offense taken..

For that particular camera... Yes, it was a good pic! :D
but compared to a GOOD camera... it was crap... :o :p
I personally cant wait to do an event with a new camera and see how good my camera skills will be then! :blah:

08-12-2005, 09:39 AM
i tell ya.. some of those slr cameras are the ****.. i have used mine (a dscp somthing or other) and my buddies nikon slr 5000000 super duper job.. what a difference.. the images are so crisp and clear is almost fake..

the "you get what you pay for" rule DEFINATLY applies to digital photography..

Jesse

2001400exrider
08-12-2005, 09:43 AM
i got this one....

http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/pics/OlympusVerveback.jpg

its 4.0 megapixels and takes crystal shots...cost me $250(CND) reg $350(CND)

2001400exrider
08-12-2005, 09:45 AM
and....

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/images/upload/Olympus-Stylus-Verve-HG.jpg

PunkA$$
08-12-2005, 09:50 AM
http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/digitalF10Overview.jsp

I picked this up /\ a few months ago and it's working out great for me so far. Very user friendly. It is however my first digital camera so I've got nothing to compare it to.