PDA

View Full Version : PEP or AXIS?

Mxracer53
08-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Well i decied on jb a-arms now im stuck on suspension.

rollie
08-11-2005, 04:13 PM
If you feel like waiting 6 weeks...get PEP, but axis is alos a top of the line shock also:cool:

Out_Sider
08-11-2005, 05:37 PM
the wait for axis aint much better....

JRDrider22
08-11-2005, 06:00 PM
ive been waiting for my peps since may 1st. go with axis

jb500ex
08-11-2005, 06:02 PM
or just call allen white at precision concepts and have him hook you up with a set of elka's that he revalves. you won't regret it

Airik79mx
08-11-2005, 06:55 PM
I got the JB a-arms with the PEP 8 clicks from Baldwin in 2 months. I love the PEP's along with the tech support from Mark Baldwin.

quadracer34
08-11-2005, 09:52 PM
what is precision concepts website?

R3Concepts
08-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Im on the Axis triples, dual adj. right now...And Id give my left one for my set of BB PEPs to get here.

Sinsai
08-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Actually Axis has changed a few things, they have a much quicker turn around time. 1 week turn around.

JH_Racing188
08-12-2005, 10:56 PM
PEP...... JB a-arms are designed to work with and fit pep shocks but all other shocks work just not as well!!! Jody Bateman told me this him self

MXRACER86
08-14-2005, 10:44 AM
If you get a Gibson frontend with Axis shocks, KandK atv has the frontend end in stock! They build the shocks there. NO WAIT TIME AT ALL!

JRP
08-14-2005, 01:30 PM
id deff. get pep,

Ex_Rider43
08-14-2005, 03:41 PM
thats also my dillema here , 1070$ for 8 clicks big bottle ?? where do you get them from ?

JH_Racing188
08-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Baldwin!!!!!!! def. baldwin

kyleschonert
08-20-2005, 05:12 PM
that thing with the jb and the peps, is the same with Roll and Elka. People use other shocks than Elka with his a-arms and their not as happy. His a-arms are designed to be used with Elka's to offer the best handling. That would be a good setup in my opinoin. That or the gibson/axis.

416exmx
08-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
that thing with the jb and the peps, is the same with Roll and Elka. People use other shocks than Elka with his a-arms and their not as happy. His a-arms are designed to be used with Elka's to offer the best handling. That would be a good setup in my opinoin. That or the gibson/axis.

WOW, thats funny seeing as how Roll has been around since the 80's. Elka wasnt even thought of back then.

I had PEP 8clicks on my Walsh 450r and loved them. I got my shocks in a lil under 3 weeks. These PEP's relly soak up the bumps and I used evey inch of travel possible. The underside of my frame told that story.

kyleschonert
08-20-2005, 07:32 PM
well, his new ones are designed, or redesigned for use with elka shocks. Take a look at the pros that DID run them and you'll see that the majority ran Elka's. Ive been reading up on them and have read articles that say they are reccomended for Elka shocks. And what number are you when you race your 450R, and do you know Walter Graves. I saw you at the Lawerncville race, Flora Race, and another one that I dont rem. Since you live in Olney I take it your sponsored by Travco, if so, do you know Jayden Ditterline, he just got a YFZ and so did the two Bolden twins. This is a little off topic but I usually dont meet people that close to where I live so I thought id talk to you about it.

416exmx
08-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
well, his new ones are designed, or redesigned for use with elka shocks. Take a look at the pros that DID run them and you'll see that the majority ran Elka's. Ive been reading up on them and have read articles that say they are reccomended for Elka shocks. And what number are you when you race your 450R, and do you know Walter Graves. I saw you at the Lawerncville race, Flora Race, and another one that I dont rem. Since you live in Olney I take it your sponsored by Travco, if so, do you know Jayden Ditterline, he just got a YFZ and so did the two Bolden twins. This is a little off topic but I usually dont meet people that close to where I live so I thought id talk to you about it.

I wasnt bustin on you, just stating the facts. ARS-FX is the ONLY a-arms I know of that are designed around shocks, Axis shocks. In most other cases, shocks are designed around a-arms. Also, the Pro's are running Elkas because of sponsorships, and no-one is using Roll anymore. Walsh is the majority.

Yeah I know ole Walter. I wont tell you what I think of him though. Dont know the other guys you mentioned. I ran 227 and my buddy was 221. Were were the ones in the semi. Pretty hard to miss. I went to College in Mt.Carmel for 2 years. Got any older brothers or sisters? I might know them.

kyleschonert
08-20-2005, 07:51 PM
I didnt think you were raggin on me or ne thing. I was just reposting it so I didnt sound like a moron b/c i forgot that Roll has been aroun forever and elka hasnt. Yea, your guy's trailor was bad *****. I was lookin at your quad at one of the races and I saw you ran all Walsh. How do you like those? They look top of the line to me. Never ridden a quad with them though. Whatd you think of those whoops at Lawerncville? those were some of the roughest i have ever been on. You may have seen me there if you watched the air cooled class at all. Number 489 on a yellow 300ex and i got 3rd in the 2nd heat. I think i may have seen one of your old hybrid quads on ebay a year or 2 ago. It i think was a walsh crf450 with a blue frame and white plastics?? :confused: . I only looked at it b/c it was from olney. nice quad though.
"Yeah I know ole Walter. I wont tell you what I think of him though." lol. Another person from olney you prob. know or heard off... Levi Jones??? He's a pretty good sprint car racer, tats for sure.