PDA

View Full Version : Elka RECS..are here BABY!

fasterthanyouex
08-11-2005, 12:52 PM
hey i have a few question that in not sure about..i jsut got elka recs..but i notice that i can adjust my crossovers..i think..what the advantage in doing this...can i make it smoother or harder..Thanks..cant wait to put these babys on

400exstud
08-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Look'n good! I wish I had the money for those.

426ex
08-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by fasterthanyouex
hey i have a few question that in not sure about..i jsut got elka recs..but i notice that i can adjust my crossovers..i think..what the advantage in doing this...can i make it smoother or harder..Thanks..cant wait to put these babys on

The crossover controls how soon the next rate of spring is engaged. With the tall part of the crossover up, it makes it a little softer. With it reversed, it engages the decond rate spring faster and gives you a stiffer or more responsive ride.

sampleez
08-11-2005, 01:52 PM
are they the live rate or zps? cause if they're zps, the elka book says you're not supposed to change the way the crossovers are.

rollie
08-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Very sweet:)

Woodsrider
08-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by sampleez
are they the live rate or zps? cause if they're zps, the elka book says you're not supposed to change the way the crossovers are.
By looking at the springs, it looks like those are live rate. The top spring looks too thick to be a ZPS spring.
I dont remember seeing any where in the book about not changing the crossovers:ermm:

Youre gonna love those shocks compared to stock;)

fasterthanyouex
08-11-2005, 05:25 PM
yeah i really aitn sure...idk it might sound stupid but what the different between live rate and ZPS? i not sure what i got

sampleez
08-11-2005, 08:02 PM
with the live rates, the top spring won't fully compress when your sitting on the bike like a zps. i'm pretty sure about this, but not 100%, so someone correct me if i'm wrong.

i don't have my book near me, but i remember it saying not to change the position of the crossovers on zps shocks

SnowFlake
08-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey im planning on ordering these tommrow probably from C&D.. Where did u get them from and how much. and if you get them on let me know how they are.

fasterthanyouex
08-11-2005, 08:53 PM
i got them from http://www.precisionpowersports.com/ they will give you free shipping and free shock covers.i dont think C&D does but C&D is getting my shock rebuild..cuz i know he does great work and there fast to deal with...i got my fronts for 465 or 470 i thought i got a good deal...your not gonna get a cheap price i think out there..maybe try quadshop i think it is...they might hook you up wiht the same deal maybe a little cheaper...I can test them out in the city but they sure as hell look bad arse....ill give you a picture of them mounted tommarrow..

SnowFlake
08-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Do they come set up to your weight and all that goos stuff or do you have to go through Elka to do that?

sampleez
08-11-2005, 09:12 PM
i got mine for $440 shipped from granddragon on yfzcentral.com, but with no shock covers.

they'll be setup for your weight, aarms, and riding style

400exrider707
08-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Snowflake I have a slightly used set with low hours on them for sale. Pm me if your interested.

400exrider0004
08-11-2005, 11:18 PM
those are sweet!!!!!
I am planning on getting elkas soon!!!

SnowFlake
08-14-2005, 08:10 PM
I just ordered mine from C&D i got them set up for aggresive trail riding.. i cant wait