PDA

View Full Version : Fastflexx Bars and +1 stem

Pappy
08-11-2005, 12:41 PM
I installed my new bars today, and so far i love them. With my back problems, a straight bar like a TAG or Pro Taper cr double hi bar was just not working for me.

I was back to running stock bars with a +1 stem.

Pappy
08-11-2005, 12:44 PM
After snagging a new fat bar mount, the installation was straight forward. I believe these are the 11 degree bar and are just a tad straighter then the stock bend and only slightly lower.

What id like to know is if anyone else is running this set up with a +1 stem and if so, what are your opinions on how high the bars sit. And also, has anyone switched to a stock stem and a mid height riser to correct the overall bar height?

So far i think this will work fine, i was just curious if anyone has changed set ups over the +1 stems.

Scro
08-11-2005, 02:28 PM
i dont really have an opinion on the bars, but how does the color of the tank match up to those plastics? Is that the white tank or natural?

xcountry
08-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Pappy, do you have to use the fat bar mount with those bars?

JRP
08-11-2005, 03:24 PM
nice quad pappy. i like those bars alot. but i think im gunna stick with tags.

Pappy
08-11-2005, 04:11 PM
its an IMS natural tank, im unaware if a white tank is made. graphics will help blend the tank and fenders.

I believe all fastflexx bars use an oversize diameter cross bar so yes, you would need to get a set of bar clamps for oversize bars.

Pappy
08-11-2005, 04:21 PM
i also decided i didnt like that much aluminum in one spot so i added some color:scary:

tamehart
08-11-2005, 05:26 PM
I run the +1 burgard stem with Flexx bars....I am 6'1" and I love how I am positioned on the quad. I started out riding with stock stem and pro taper low bend bars. I get much less arm pump and back ache now. I also don't run a steering stablizer anymore. The flexx bars were one of my best investments.

Pappy
08-11-2005, 05:28 PM
thanks for the input, i like how it is but didnt know if others had an issues with it.

JRDrider22
08-11-2005, 05:31 PM
are the flexxbars really that good? i may have to invest into a set

Pappy
08-11-2005, 05:33 PM
i will have to wait to have an opinion on them, but everyone has been recommending them so i figured id try a set. i wish i could go ride the damn thing to see how well they do:p

Quadz4Life88
08-11-2005, 06:33 PM
i have a set of flexx bars and janssen +1 anti vibe stem and i love it. i had a set of dominator handlebars and they were alrite but then i rolled it in a moto and bent so they were junk after that. i rolled with the flexx bars and they never bent at all. plus they help with arm pump alot. i love them. im 6"1' myself and i also think its an ideal setup. maybe a little higher. but to all who are thinking of getting these bars, THERE A MUST HAVE.

Ex_Rider43
08-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Pappy I have the same bars, beleive me you wont regret them , you might as well add some color to the pivot pins because they rust pretty fast but the bars are so great.. whoe cares about that rust!

Im not very tall (5.5) and stock stem is a good height for me since the bars are higher than a cr-hi bend tag or pro-taper.

Im running the red bushings also , tried the softer but they were too soft for me
:macho

08-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i will have to wait to have an opinion on them, but everyone has been recommending them so i figured id try a set. i wish i could go ride the damn thing to see how well they do:p

i bought them also, due to overheating issues i havent been able to test them, but to get me in the right position i run the stock stem with the tag billet clamps that raise the bars 7/8'', and i am 6' 1''

Punk'd
08-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Looking good Pappy. I really like the looks of those bars, but I wish I could say I like the feel. Hopefully soon I will be getting myself a pair:)

Pappy
08-12-2005, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
you might as well add some color to the pivot pins because they rust pretty fast but the bars are so great.. whoe cares about that rust!

i will take it back apart and molycoat the pivots asap.

spincr4hire
08-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
are the flexxbars really that good? i may have to invest into a set

yep...

Colby@C&DRacing
08-12-2005, 09:14 AM
I like what you did with the blue on the bars pappy, looks good. We wd 40 the pivot points after each wash.

The bars are well worth the money especially if you have any kind of wrist injury or arm pump. They reduce the force that is transfered to your arms and upper body. We run the yellow elostamers.

bwamos
08-12-2005, 10:00 AM
I'm gonna have to invest in a set of those.

I have a torn rotater cuff in my right shoulder, and a full seperation in my left. (Both from my high school wrestling days). From reading up those should be great for me. Esp.. now that I'm 30 and I ger sore a lot easier.. lol.

08-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Colby - what's your best price on a set of those?!!

Pappy - is there room for Powermadd handguards on those bars?

macsolocam
08-12-2005, 10:23 AM
hey, pappy...I am running a +1 anti-vibe stem with the 14 deg sweep 31 inch. I love these bars...They are amazing through a whoop section....money well worth spent....I run the yellow dampners as well....Hight and position are great.....

Well got to go to Lorrett's......Hope to see you guys there...here is a shot of my setup...

Pappy
08-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by force
Colby - what's your best price on a set of those?!!

Pappy - is there room for Powermadd handguards on those bars?

i remeber seeing a set with handgaurds, but there sure isnt much room for them it seems. for me that is no problem, but im sure it can be done.

colby, thanks for sending these out so fast....i cant wait to try them.

TWISTED
08-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i remeber seeing a set with handgaurds, but there sure isnt much room for them it seems. for me that is no problem, but im sure it can be done.

colby, thanks for sending these out so fast....i cant wait to try them.

I've got a set of Powermadd guards on mine and they were a TIGHT fit!!!

spincr4hire
08-12-2005, 01:15 PM
they will fit..but its tight

08-12-2005, 01:27 PM
mine fit on there fine, no problems

08-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
they will fit..but its tight

how do you like your Powermadd's?
do you run XC?

i love the looks of them.............but seems like they will not do much to stop flying debris.

Pappy
08-15-2005, 10:09 AM
i liked my powermadds, but was actually ready to switch to another brand until they came out with the add on mounting system. before they did give if you rolled, but were easily tweaked out of shape.

i know you asked someone else, but i wanted to make some aware that the new mounting system makes the powermadd a much better handgaurd. coverage is about the same as others unless you compare them to the elephant ears used in extremely muddy races.

08-15-2005, 10:13 AM
when you say mounting system.........do you mean the single bar which clamps to the handle bars and extends forward?

JDiablo
08-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows if Fasst makes diffrent color bar pad covers?like a green or black or something?

Colby@C&DRacing
08-15-2005, 10:21 AM
They did a few for like creech and what not but that is their logo and colors so they want to stay with that.

JDiablo
08-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
They did a few for like creech and what not but that is their logo and colors so they want to stay with that.

hey colby havent talked about prices in a bit,lol will be happening very shortly again though...do you have any other brand covers that will fit the flexx bar pad and is a diffrent color?

Pappy
08-15-2005, 10:44 AM
when you say mounting system.........do you mean the single bar which clamps to the handle bars and extends forward?

yes, they used to just mount to the bar and that was it. i have never broken one, but i have had several that got tweaked. with the new system its much more secure.

300exrida, ill have to check but i think most bar pad covers will work.

08-15-2005, 11:06 AM
i use powermadds, but its like you add on $30 for the outside peice to the price of the handguards already, i wish i had just went with cycras with the full bar accross them, much better protection, i love how the powermadds work, but function before form, the cycras are better, if powermadd made a bar to run like the cycras id love em, but im not ready to invest more money ontop of what i already invested just so i can have what cycra sells with their normal handguards, if you know what i mean, i love powermadds, they just dont break the brush like i wish they would

08-16-2005, 09:57 AM
that's what i was wondering. because the atv mounting kit i received from magic , only has a single bar extending from the handlebars. there is no bar that runs length wise with the guard.

is there an additional mounting bracket which can be purchased?
i'm slightly confused now.

coryatver
08-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Yeah you have to buy the wraps seperate. And also you can get extensions that snap onto the gaurds for muddy conditions

08-17-2005, 09:56 AM
where can i buy the wraps? and how much?

spincr4hire
08-17-2005, 10:15 AM
where can i buy the wraps? and how much?

go to powermadd's website, they have a list of distributors on there

http://www.powermadd.com

Colby@C&DRacing
08-17-2005, 10:54 AM
we sell all the powermadd products

Tater450R
08-25-2005, 07:18 AM
What do the different colored bushings correspond to?

08-25-2005, 09:58 AM
it corresponds to how stiff you like it.
:p