PDA

View Full Version : need help

97blaster200
08-11-2005, 11:19 AM
need help. i might be trading my RM125 in my sig for a banshee. the banshee needs work. the person that has it told me that they let the bike sit all witer and now the gas tank is all caked up with the gas along with the carb and the motor. how do i fix this?

Z-Racer-5c
08-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Go get a gallon of Gunk Carb Cleaner. Soak the carbs overnight. You must tear down the carb, that works the best! Then rinse with water! Yes Water. The water will neutralize the cleaner. Then spray all of the holes and crevases with compressed air. Then use a spray can of carb cleaner to rinse. When you have done this put the gallon of cleaner in the gas tank. ( after removing the old fuel) let it soak over night and rinse the same way. You might even take the fuel petcock and tear it apart and soak with the carbs. You should have no more problems. The biggest deal with the carbs is the pilot, it is so small that it gets clogged. Please remember to rinse with water. the acid in the cleaner will continue to work after it is removed from cleaner. Good luck!

97blaster200
08-20-2005, 10:04 PM
sorry....he does not want to trade with me anymore so its his problem now. lol