PDA

View Full Version : $$$

EX400rider
08-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Ok i have ask this question before but all yall said 2 just get individual jets or do it yourself.

Here is the question.- I am getting a K&N jet kit but i dont no how to rejet. HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO GET MY HONDA MECHANIC 2 PUT IT IN. please just answer the question!!

GP400
08-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by EX400rider
Ok i have ask this question before but all yall said 2 just get individual jets or do it yourself.

Here is the question.- I am getting a K&N jet kit but i dont no how to rejet. HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO GET MY HONDA MECHANIC 2 PUT IT IN. please just answer the question!!

Where I live it would cost about 75.00 not including the jets.........

Jingle #11
08-11-2005, 11:02 AM
just buy the individual jet that would cost u about $10. Just grab ur carb and tear it apart. I rejetted my 400ex when i was 14. I did it myself. Its really not that hard. dont waste your money on the K&N when u can buy the same jets for about 10 bucks.

TC426EX
08-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Jets are less than 10 bucks... around here, individual jets are 3-4 dollars. Jetting is something that could be done by a 12 year old kid with Down Syndrome, so dont waste your money on a mechanic unless you have too much money...

Jetting is simple, if you need help do a search or PM me. Once youre done with it, youll be happy you still have 60-70 bucks in your pocket

300exOH
08-11-2005, 12:02 PM
I agree don't waste your money on a mechanic or a jet kit. Just buy a few sizes of main jets and a couple pilot jets and DIY it. There are some great articles available on the web on jetting. There is a very good one in the tech articles on here. It's not really hard at all. I'm not sure what mods you have but you can usually get good recommendations from where you bought your parts.

Quadjunkie007
08-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Dude it's really easy to rejet quilt being scared it wount bite you'r hand off or any thing like that. I felt the same way but i did it my self. You can do it just go but the juet kit.:D The shop will charge you an houlery rate what ever that is? Probley 60 to 80 per hr and they will ding you at leas for an hr or more theose *******s:mad: So dont waste your money and hop to it :cool: and get working If you need any more info drop me a line. later:)

bwamos
08-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by EX400rider

If you;ve never rejetted before.. the kit is a great option and learning tool.

You DO NOT need to have your mechanic put it in.

The kits come with great directions. Just follow the instructions and it will come out near perfect. With directions and the tuning work already figured out for you, it's honestly as easy as changing your oil and filter. The hard part is the tuning, until you learn it. But, the kit has already done that work for you. So you just put in the parts they tell you to for your application, and have fun.

I'm not gonna tell you to just go buy a jet your first time. I reccomend the kits for your first carb job. They cost a little more.. but it's a very cheap lesson on the inner workings of a carb.

When I first started carb work, I was worried about siezing up my engine... but it's actually pretty damn hard to do. You're jetting has to be really out of whack on a 4-stroke to do that. 2-strokes are a different story. ;)

You'll be pleased with the kit. Do it yourself so you learn.

If you decide to have a mechanic do it.. don't get a kit. They can just get you the jets.. most have them stocked in bulk anyway.