PDA

View Full Version : pappy please help

kyleschonert
08-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Hey, on the a-arms on my 300EX, the upper left ball joint where it goes into the a-arm is stripped out. Do you sell replacement ball joints? If so, how much would one run me. And also, on the bottom ball joints, how do we adjust them in and out, the right side one is all the way in and the left side is out a little more.

Pappy
08-11-2005, 10:15 AM
the best thing to do is to take one of the ball joints to autozone or napa and have them match it up. they are usually under $15 at those places.

the lower ball joints are supposed to be screwed all the way into the arm. sometimes one will not want to turn so that it is straight and usually we just back it out and try starting the threads in a different position. if that doesnt work, we try to get it screwed in as far as possible. if they are not fully seated you run the risk of breaking the ball joint(one reason i feel burgard gets a bad rap is for this reason. i have never snapped a ball joint nor has anyone around here that runs burgard but again, we installed them correctly)

i can get the ball joints, but i would suggest doing what i stated above and save yourself some time and a few bucks.

kyleschonert
08-11-2005, 10:06 PM
I did go to Napa and Autozone and bought both of their ball joints and neither of them worked. The ball joint wouldnt lock to the spindle, it ran out of threads on it. So I took them back. So how much will burgard ball joints cost me?

Pappy
08-12-2005, 06:48 AM
i will see what i can do, i think he usually sells them for like $18 each? let me know how many you need and ill see if i can grab them if you would like.

kyleschonert
08-12-2005, 10:38 AM
i just need the top left one. And i spent about the whole morning working on my quad and when that ball joint wouldnt work i was so mad. So i took it back and put the standard one back on it but i was cambered in way to much. One of my friends did it for his aftermarket a-arms and it worked, i dont think his and mine were the same though. But yea, the top left one would be great. Thanks.