PDA

View Full Version : Pappy...im back~!

JDiablo
08-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey pappy im in the processing of gathering up some money for another quad
I just need some of your most exotic,wildest colors you have
I really like that dormant green you have,have any other colors like that?doesnt have to be green or anything

Pappy
08-11-2005, 06:08 AM
you get the quad and we will figure out some colors:D

JDiablo
08-11-2005, 09:27 AM
cool....how you feeling by the way?i heard you were in the hospital for a bit

Pappy
08-11-2005, 09:45 AM
feeling better, i go tomarrow to get the rsults of the bone marrow tests and blood work so hopefully they will give me a "good to go" and i can get back to doing what i do! sitting around sucks..lol

JDiablo
08-11-2005, 09:48 AM
lol hope everything turns out ok,it will

but just to give you a hint,a yfz im getting :devil:

how do you like them>?

Pappy
08-11-2005, 09:56 AM
i think the YFZ is hands down the best sport atv built today. i am waiting to see the 06 before i go get one, but after this past weekends ride report from california, i will be getting the 06 and not a left over 05. from what im being told, the changes yamaha made work and work well and are noticable over the 05 model.

JDiablo
08-11-2005, 09:59 AM
cool,of course im not buying used,im buying from steve the same kid i bought my EX from,he is cool,i think its a 04,but you will have your hands full once again pappy with this one:devil:

this green looks so good....but you had to do it for tammys bike@:mad: lol

Pappy
08-11-2005, 10:00 AM
yep, that green is pretty sweet. it deffinatley turns heads. tommy said he gets good feedback everywhere he goes.

JDiablo
08-11-2005, 10:02 AM
if i find a color that you dont have can you order it for me?i was just wondering that,and do you have a link to some of the compaines you deal with websites?This quad cant be red or black again Pappy :devil:

Pappy
08-11-2005, 10:07 AM
i havent looked over the powder charts in the last 3 weeks, but alot of the new powders look good, i dont think they hold up very well so id be leary of trying them on atv's. ive had great success with the trans reds and blues and the normal colors, and tommy said the green is holding up really well.

i think maybe a clean 2 color choice along with some cool graphics will get you where you need to be.

i will probably do my yfz in a trans blue and white scheme along with some chrome thrown in there just to show off.....lol

the basic color schemes draw tons of attention and look so clean its hard to get away from them.

Pappy
08-11-2005, 10:10 AM
i should have gone with white fenders instead of black when i did my R, but at the time the black R wasnt out and i wanted to be different.

now that i have white fenders i think it will change the way my quad looks and allow the color to stand out a little.

JDiablo
08-11-2005, 10:12 AM
i was thinking something along the lines of this

Pappy
08-11-2005, 10:17 AM
im sure i could get you close;)

JDiablo
08-11-2005, 10:19 AM
i seen something along the lines of rust orange that o man i gotta stop talking about this,im getting all excited again,lol ill talk to you more about colors when i get back from my lake...take it easy Ken and be good,no more hospital visits

TWISTED
08-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i should have gone with white fenders instead of black when i did my R, but at the time the black R wasnt out and i wanted to be different.

now that i have white fenders i think it will change the way my quad looks and allow the color to stand out a little.

Do you still have this quad, and if so, will you bring it to rausch next weekend? Would love to see it in person!!!

Pappy
08-11-2005, 01:18 PM
yes, it will be there. if the rear shcok and new swing arm arrive in time they too will be installed along with the new pipe and graphics kit.

Tommy 17
08-11-2005, 02:49 PM
the green is holding up VERY good... and the places i ride are not very easy on the quad... i ride in rocks mud trees and all kinda stuff...

i have people walk up to me at every event im at and ask what color it is and how much they like it... they all say it is the nicest frame they've seen yet and it sticks out a mile away!

if i were u i'd do it with blue plastic...

Pappy
08-11-2005, 07:09 PM
hows the a arms holding up? i havent used that powder on a high wear part so im interested.

kevins rims still look like the day we did them, except for where a rock got caught between the caliper and rim and chewed the coating and rim a new ***:grr: oh well, thats what happens when you ride:p

sampleez
08-11-2005, 09:02 PM
candy blue yfz's are the shiznit pappy!!!!! good to hear you've finally come to your senses on the 450's :D

http://www.yfztech.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/bluefaster.png

Dave400ex
08-12-2005, 10:46 AM
I went and looked at the 06 450 the other day. The changes they did, were of course the ones I have complained about on our 05. I think they are very impressive, and now for sure ahead of the 450R. Honda is going to need some big changes to keep up, and the Suzuki should be interesting as well. That new Swingarm and Caliper on there is not only a 1000 times better looking, but will make the chain so easy to adjust, like a Honda finally. I just wonder how it will do in the Woods?

08-12-2005, 10:57 AM
got any pictures of your colors on the quads?? and pappy do u have a link to a site where u have all your colors?

Pappy
08-12-2005, 11:56 AM
my site is right here. i prefer to interact with my customers and dont have any problems posting pics for them to see.

for pics of completed quads, look at this thread

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132866

Jersey450R
08-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by sampleez
candy blue yfz's are the shiznit pappy!!!!! good to hear you've finally come to your senses on the 450's :D

http://www.yfztech.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/bluefaster.png
but black is fastest :macho

08-12-2005, 12:06 PM
thnx pappy

Pappy
08-12-2005, 12:10 PM
oh i knew back when i sold my yfz that i was selling an awesome ride. it came down to what i was doing at the time and the overall comfort of the R (yes im old)

my yfz gave me so much confidence it could have easily got me in trouble. i ran 3 races back to back, switching between the R and YFZ each race and the YFZ never let me down and i placed better on it. i will have another one soon:macho

sampleez
08-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
but black is fastest :macho

maybe...but only in this case :devil:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Mr727/0017.jpg

Tommy 17
08-12-2005, 04:13 PM
pappy the black is holding up awesome... i'm surprised... theres a few chips but thats expected riding in the rock gardens i've seen...

u can take a few pictures of her at rausch... i'll have it clean as a whistle to show ur work off;)