PDA

View Full Version : Sand Lake, Oregon

450RgETiRdONE
08-10-2005, 09:25 PM
This is my first time going to sand lake w/450r. Any body know of any cool spots out there, any big hills out there to race up?

Thanks.....

JOEX
08-10-2005, 09:54 PM
There isn't anything real big at Sandlake. The tree shots can be fun and there are quite a few of them for the size of Sandlake.

There is a ONE-WAY trail (well it's supposed to be one-way) between the flats and the ocean. I like riding that if there aren't very many people there, otherwise it is too dangerous IMO. I had a head on collision on it a couple of years ago, I was crusing along pretty good but luckily the other guy, who was going the wrong way, was just putting along.

I highly recommend taking a trip to Florence, Winchester Bay and/or Coos Bay. All are much better than Sandlake;)

Have fun and be careful, it gets pretty crowded on the weekends.

JLSLEP500
08-10-2005, 11:45 PM
I agree with Joex if you can go to sandlake during the weekday. It gets a little crowded on weekends. I went to Win. bay last Sunday it was alright, I like Florence better. Just my2cents.

450RgETiRdONE
08-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Oh yeah no joke on Florence, and winchester. I'm laying tile in some new house's that over look the dunes. So im bring n the quad my next trip out there to finish the job this friday:devil: :devil:

yeah all i've heard is tons of people out there and it gets crazy.... thx guys

400EX QUADER
08-12-2005, 10:23 PM
how was it?

450RgETiRdONE
08-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Just got back late last night, freakin parking lots were packed but no one was riding. (probe rebuilding their broken down pieces) Its was awesome... The bowls were great of cousre and the beach was nice! But were the edge of the sand goes off down into the steep trails in the trees. I have one question i was able to make it up all of them on my trx450r, but my bike is bone stock and has a 13tooth on it. Okay no airfilter not rejetted and the airbox lid is still on. I got stuck on this one trail apparently its the steepest there! And the sand just falls back due to it was so dry and loose that i got stuck hit n 2nd. i could only do it in first. but im also 240lb dude and that bike weighs 250 too.. that a lot weight going up the hill............how ever i could only do it in first. but all of the other trails i hit 2nd and screamed up them...

i think its because you wrap around this tree and it goes straigt up. hard to get speed up.. dunno what you all think??

I will put this part in mecahanical and 450r forum, The guy at my local honda shop said "if you are going to install an after market air filter and you dont buy a new muffler than leave the air box lid on and dont rejet!"

Okay that seem right or this dude trying to sell me exaust for 500 bucks just so i can rejet and take off my air box lid...

My bro has a 400ex k&n, dyno re-jet, and 13tooth, it was able to do every thing no problem. And has stock muffler

Please help thanx.

z400roosteR
08-13-2005, 06:58 PM
All i have heard about coming from sandlake is it's all the drunken redneck *******s that vacate that place. You can't ride anywhere without running into someone (not literally) and coos/win are like 5 times the size! And also that it's pretty rutted considering it's so small and so busy.

450RgETiRdONE
08-14-2005, 01:24 AM
Yeah dunno what was going on but it was slow out in the dunes, yeah i know it is hella small, huh it my first time going there and prob last:)

schootar
08-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Make the trip down to Florence, Coos Bay or Winchester and you'll probably never want to go back to Sand Lake. IMO, Sand Lake is small and boring with little to no hits to jump.

450RgETiRdONE
08-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Oh yeah bro first time going there and it like wow where the dunes at. You would have to like make it fun, rather than it be fun all in its self!

whiteflash
09-09-2005, 06:33 PM
does your quad have to be licensed to go to sand lake, florence, etc?

JOEX
09-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by whiteflash
They don't have to be licensed but you do need an offroad sticker. They are only $5 for two years, it might be $10 I can't remember right now. Most out of state stickers are valid here;)

guinness77
09-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Go to the Coos Bay riding area and you won't go to other places. Well.. maybe Winchester bay. Really tall dunes there. If you go to Spinreel camp you will be at the Northern most section of the riding area. I've been going there for YEARS and it's a great place to start your day.

Yota_Fan
09-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
They are only $5 for two years, it might be $10 I can't remember right now.
Yep, they're 10 bucks. You can pick them up at any ATV dealer (and some rental shops.) :)

(They're pink-ish in color this year!! :eek2: :rolleyes: )

JOEX
09-16-2005, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by guinness77
Go to the Coos Bay riding area and you won't go to other places. Well.. maybe Winchester bay. Really tall dunes there. If you go to Spinreel camp you will be at the Northern most section of the riding area. I've been going there for YEARS and it's a great place to start your day.
I'm leaving for Coos Bay in about an hour:D :cool:

dirtmomma
09-16-2005, 08:01 AM
Sand Lake is good for a short trip :) We haven't been anywhere else We were SUPPOSED to go to Florence Oct.13-16 BUT we aren't able to make it :(:(:( bumming me OUT!! There is a HUGE group from the NW that are all going then should be a good time sorry I'm gonna miss it!!

Joex HAVE FUN ride safe :D:D

tractorpacker
09-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by whiteflash

If you have a Washington ORV sticker, you are covered. You can license it here, or buy an Oregon tag.

tractorpacker
09-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Sand Lake is good for a short trip :) We haven't been anywhere else We were SUPPOSED to go to Florence Oct.13-16 BUT we aren't able to make it :(:(:( bumming me OUT!! There is a HUGE group from the NW that are all going then should be a good time sorry I'm gonna miss it!!

Joex HAVE FUN ride safe :D:D

Why? Cuz you are lame? No thats not it..........