PDA

View Full Version : my first win

KILLSWITCHngage
08-10-2005, 08:53 PM
It was a hot and dry saturday , bout 90 and sunny. typical august arkansas day but everyone was ready to race at the 1st Panther Mnt. Arkansas hare scramble series. on my practice lap i couldnt beleive how tight and rought the 5 mile course was, unreal rocky as heck and had to nearly stop to get thru some of the trees. and i was only at mile 2. a total of nearly 22 atv riders showed for round six. Some folks where kind enough to drive from Texas and run with us and a few new ones where making their appearances. Being my fifth xc race i was still nervouse as a cat before the start and anxious, but also dreading the grueling race.
The flagman dropped the green and my class (atv c)was last to go at the start. Darrell Gooding got the holeshot but crashed at the first corner but i got around and set sail never looked back. On the second lap my swingarm skidplate was rattling and i stopped twice trying to get it off but no luck. finally later in the race it broke and i chased down Chris Alexander on his 450r and took back the lead i was stoked to come the checkpoint right at the 2hour mark and exausted and releived to finish the final lap and score 1st place. Some hot chick from Texas wooped their arse in atv b and took home 1st. hopefully she will come back at riverside xc. I thought the race would never end but had a blast and will do it again at riverside xc in plumerville Ar, all riverbottomes and feilds, gonna be sweet. You Arkansas sport atv riders that dont race are missing out on a great sport with some wonderful people to meet and race against. even if u dont wana race i recomend u come to one of the AHSCS races and give it a try. I didnt know what i was getting my self into in my first race, i just wanted to race. now i am hooked and plan on deckin out my Z400 for woods racing and attendind all the races next year. this truly is a competitive and fun sport. with the low atv attendances at our races in arkansas it would be awsome to have some new folks show. who knows u might just have some talent to race that u never knew about. just givit a try one day check out AHSCS.COM for some more info.

cheetah
08-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Congrats on the win. Goes to show if you stay determined you can still win despite setbacks.

mars69
08-20-2005, 05:29 AM
Well Done!!! :chinese:

fasterthanyouex
08-20-2005, 09:22 AM
good job man....:macho