PDA

View Full Version : Slime?

trx416m
08-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Does tire slime help with preventing flat tires? Ive seen it on the shelves and was just wondering if it will help or if its worth it.
thanx

deathman53
08-10-2005, 06:32 PM
don't know,but it sure pisses off the guy who removes tires. I used to use it on my tubes for my mountain bike tires, they worked great for thorns and small stuff, but a big object, it just made a big mess(all over the place)

Jason250ex
08-10-2005, 08:56 PM
it rust the hell out of the rim....ive seen it, and it makes it a pain to break the bead when removing them

TCracin440ex
08-10-2005, 09:41 PM
slime is pure junk...ive used it before...yea small nail holes and pin holes it might work...but at higher speeds its like putting rocks in your tires because it just makes it unbalanced...

it cant rust the rim if the rim is alu....bottom line just dont use it....shyt might be good for lawnmowers or something that will be used at slower speeds but soon as you hit a higher speeds it aint no good because of centripical force(sp) just slings it to one spot in the tire and it causes bad vibrations

400exstud
08-12-2005, 01:59 PM
I have it in both of my stock tires which I use for ice tires. If you ride the crap out of it right after you put it in it will spread out. Yes, I too have slime rocks in there too but it is a quick fix to a big problem. <(my problem was studding my tires the night before going out for an 80 mile lake day)