PDA

View Full Version : Richard Petty Driving Experience

440ex2001
08-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Hey guys I just had the greatest thrill of my life! My girl friend bought me a Rookie Experience at Charlotte for my birthday. I got to drive a 650 hp nextell cup car ( Brian Vickers) for 8 laps around Lowes Motor speedway. It was freaking awesome! You get there and watch a video then an intructor takes you around the track in a van to show you where all your marks are and where to decellerate and when to accellerate. They go through everything in the car just in case of an accident and you need to get out then your off and screaming. You have to keep within 3 car lengths of the intructor in order for him to go faster. I got up to 140mph and I felt like I was flying. The turns were the best there where so many G's it was ridiculous. The nextell cup guys run about 190! If anyone loves racing as much as I do I recommend doing this! Its not that expensive ($379) and the staff there treat you like your a celebrity. I 'm going to do it again ASAP but I'm going for Daytona next :devil:

thrasher_ex
08-10-2005, 06:23 PM
i know a few people that have done it and nobody has ever came back with any regrets! one of the guys that did it like it so much they might go to a 3 day camp

Chef
08-10-2005, 06:25 PM
You weren't quite in a Cup car if it was only 650 hp. Sounds fun though.

440ex2001
08-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah it was a cup car. They just were de tuned so no one would snap the arse end around and crash. Trust me it was a cup car. The engine out put does not define what series the car came from. For instance the Cup cars only have about 450hp due to the restrictor plates at daytona and tally. Cup cars are physically larger than the busch cars. Longer wheel bases heavier etc. Oh and by the way the cars are donated from cup teams.One of Dale Jr's cars were there, labonte,bush,vickers, petty etc. They are set up to be more user friendly lighter clutch not as much power etc so the average joe can drive one.

Oldracer#23
08-10-2005, 06:36 PM
I did 8 laps at Daytona this April. It was one of the best things that I have ever done. My top speed was 152 mph. Once my instructor and I came off of pit road, I put it 4th and never lifted my foot from the floor. The banking made me light headed everytime I went into a corner. I think that they start booking for Daytona in October. Get your name on the list, because it fills up very quick. The only time that they drive on Daytona is in April. Do it and you will never regret it!

RaptorRacer45
08-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Sounds Awesome.....id love 2 try that sometime, Im headin down to Nascar Technical Inststute this September for school and then hopefully becoming part of a Nascar team isnt far behind......Nascar and Racing in general is my life!:D

DaleJrFan
08-10-2005, 08:45 PM
I did it a couple of years back at Texas Motor Speedway, it was a blast. I agree with yall, I would love to do a superspeedway next.

RaptorRacer45
08-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Its awesome how many Quad Riders are also Die-hard Nascar fans......Im proud 2 be 1 of em:cool:

400exrules
08-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
Its awesome how many Quad Riders are also Die-hard Nascar fans......Im proud 2 be 1 of em:cool:

generally, ppl like us love anything with engines lol:devil:

redlineranger
08-10-2005, 10:05 PM
i've been watchin nascar since i wus 2 and dale earnhardt wus the man.... i go for dale jr now but he cant drive anything unless its perfect... his old man could take a pile of crap and put it on wheels and win on any track u put him at but dale jr wreck and complains and says he's not gone keep drivin it..... i had a cusin that did a daytona experience bak in 03 he said his top speed wus 155...... do they offer one at talladega, cus when i start drivin im gone try to get up there and do one... oh and is there a age limit on how old u have to be?

08-11-2005, 08:18 AM
There is one in Orlando Fl. that I will be going to next year, my wife arranged it for my birthday. Cant wait!!