PDA

View Full Version : Gas hit all time high !!!

Quad18star
08-10-2005, 08:51 AM
Well gas prices just hit an all time high today . I was lucky enough to still find a place that hadn't brought up their price yet but everywhere else is sitting at $4.16 a gallon for the cheap stuff . It's pretty bad when $20 only gives you 1/4 tank of gas . I remember when $25 would fill my tank on the car .

WKY400EX
08-10-2005, 09:01 AM
I saw on the news last night, that there was a guy locally selling gas for $.18 per gallon yesterday. It was his last day selling fuel, so he wanted to give back to his long-time customers. I wish I would've known. I would have filled up everything I owned.:D

gyt-r450
08-10-2005, 09:01 AM
HOLY CHIT:eek2:

insaneracin2003
08-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by gyt-r450
HOLY CHIT:eek2:
you got that rite,double chit

JRP
08-10-2005, 09:46 AM
ours is at sumwhere around 2.45. its crazy when it costs you almost 20 buck for 2 takanks of gas for the 450.

alex400ex_03
08-10-2005, 09:48 AM
gas around here is about $2.33 a gallon

sly400ex
08-10-2005, 09:51 AM
$2.61 in the Chicago burbs, that's for hte cheap chit too:(

jeepnrocks
08-10-2005, 09:54 AM
i remember hearing somewhere that fuel in european countries is somkething like 8 bucks a gallon!! not sure on how true it is but that would be outrageous!!
it looks like its gonna hit 2.50 for the cheapo stuff in my area.
Heck if race fuel wasn't leaded its getting close to the price of super!! race fuyel hasn't moved from 3.99/gallon in the last year at sunoco

duke416ex
08-10-2005, 09:59 AM
I was thinking the same about race gas, the price of it hasn't changed here either. If Something don't happen soon it will be cheaper not to work then to spend the money driving back and forth.

Atkins
08-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Damn, Im gonnaput $15 in in a few minutes...I dont wanna know how much gas thatll give me.:(

honduh440
08-10-2005, 10:46 AM
i spend 240 a month in gas!

WheelieMan4
08-10-2005, 11:10 AM
mine up here in wisconsin is 2.48 a gallon...its ridiculous(sp)

dirt308
08-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I work at a boat marina and the gas on the water there is $2.70 a gallon. I've had a few guys spend over $200 on one tank of gas without completely filling it.

wilkin250r
08-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
i spend 240 a month in gas!

That's about what I spend. I have to fill my truck every two days, I go through a half tank a day.

roostin_dale
08-10-2005, 11:27 AM
its about $2.45 here. Damn, i gotta drive 45 miles to a friends house tonight in my dads truck that gets like 10-11 miles a gallon
:(

redrocker
08-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Santa Barbara C.A.
reg.=2.99
prem.=3.15
des.=3.05
yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!

user101
08-10-2005, 12:09 PM
It's at 2.23 in my town for reg.

honduh440
08-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by redrocker
Santa Barbara C.A.
reg.=2.99
prem.=3.15
des.=3.05
yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are in the best boat out of everyone. With inflation into factor you are paying less for gas now then our parents were 20 years ago.

426ex
08-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
i remember hearing somewhere that fuel in european countries is somkething like 8 bucks a gallon!! not sure on how true it is but that would be outrageous!!
it looks like its gonna hit 2.50 for the cheapo stuff in my area.
Heck if race fuel wasn't leaded its getting close to the price of super!! race fuyel hasn't moved from 3.99/gallon in the last year at sunoco

It's been that way for years but worse....try $8.00 per liter. It's around $2.40 here in the heartland for the cheap stuff. If it gets much higher, I may start riding my quad to work.

Kilabanshee
08-10-2005, 01:35 PM
It's around $2.25 per gallon of regular here.

HondaEXrider22
08-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Its cause of that damn pres. of ours and the worthless war we have.

(here we go)

Quad18star
08-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
Its cause of that damn pres. of ours and the worthless war we have.

(here we go)

I knew this was gunna happen sooner or later .... please leave this kind of BS out of my topic. I didn't post this up to start a flame fest ... I want to see what the average price around the continent is going for .

thrasher_ex
08-10-2005, 02:43 PM
haha i was with my dad the other day filling up his chevy 3500 duramax dually, chipped, and it cost him like 80 bucks then this lady behind us in line was *****in about droppin $18 for her volkswagon.....

BlazingYamahaYz
08-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Wow...gas the last time I got it was like $2.27. It's kinda nice, I only fill up every 2 or more weeks...and only throw about $20 in and it usually takes me to full or past full.:devil:

baseballplaya23
08-10-2005, 04:39 PM
im lookin across the street right now and the cheap stuff is 2.62/gal and the premium is 2.85/gal. race fuel is $6/gal

Tommy 17
08-10-2005, 05:11 PM
2.39 here and at 17mpg in a silverado it sucks being 19!!!!

my trip to rausch is gonna cost well over 70$ in gas:o :(

300extreme#8
08-10-2005, 05:29 PM
but studies show, and if we only got this to work out for 1 weekend, we did a research, and talked bout this in career management class, ,if everyone in the U.S. planned aboycott, from 6am sat. mornin, and didn't get gas ,or airplanes or any things that uses gas,and boycotted all gas stations,and boycotted till 6 am monday mornin, the price would settle around 50 cent per gallon, and would just steadly rise b/c the threat of another boycott

300extreme#8
08-10-2005, 05:31 PM
i cant remember what it changed to here, but it takes around 67- 70 dollars to fill my 02 dodge ram 4x4 with 33's , and i only get around 9-12 mpg, it sucks, that u put out so much money for gas,i'm just glad i dont drive all the time

HondaEXrider22
08-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I knew this was gunna happen sooner or later .... please leave this kind of BS out of my topic. I didn't post this up to start a flame fest ... I want to see what the average price around the continent is going for .

hey sorry man, just was messing around. It just hit 2.35 around here.(eastern pa)

Guy400
08-10-2005, 05:43 PM
At this point in time I'm really sick of the enviro-weenies that want to protect every single Bambi and Thumper in the woods. I'm not saying we should clear every wooded area in the country in search of fuel but marking off 1000 acres out of the total 19.5 million acres that makes up ANWAR isn't going to hurt that much. On top of that we should uncap the oil wells that have been shut off in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Oklahoma, etc. We need to reduce our dependancy on foreign oil and we better start doing it in a hurry.

exrider360
08-10-2005, 05:45 PM
269 for the high test crap im in kinderhook new york

wilkin250r
08-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 426ex
It's been that way for years but worse....try $8.00 per liter. It's around $2.40 here in the heartland for the cheap stuff. If it gets much higher, I may start riding my quad to work.

It's not $8.00 per liter (U.S. dollars), that would end up being $24.00 per gallon.

Europe is averaging about $1.50 per liter, or about $6.00 per gallon.

Last I saw Cairo, Egypt is only 65 cents per gallon.

08-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Buy a damn hybrid and quick belly achin.

Stop.... RECHARGE :)

stalefish_132
08-10-2005, 06:10 PM
i pay $101.9 per liter:eek2: its going to go up to about 110.9 in the next few weeks!!! (glad i get farm gas for about 89.5 cents a liter) :eek2: i saw somwhere that $2.41 works out to be about 0.62 cents per liter!!! and you people complain about that!:rolleyes:

JRDrider22
08-10-2005, 06:30 PM
2.26 in jersey

fasterz
08-10-2005, 08:45 PM
check this out pretty cool looks like we need to move to WY to get our gas at that price of 2.07 which is good. ha i cant belive im saying 2.07 is the best price for gas in america. http://www.gaspricewatch.com/new/

Pappy
08-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
At this point in time I'm really sick of the enviro-weenies that want to protect every single Bambi and Thumper in the woods. I'm not saying we should clear every wooded area in the country in search of fuel but marking off 1000 acres out of the total 19.5 million acres that makes up ANWAR isn't going to hurt that much. On top of that we should uncap the oil wells that have been shut off in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Oklahoma, etc. We need to reduce our dependancy on foreign oil and we better start doing it in a hurry.

you saved me from typing that;)

08-10-2005, 08:50 PM
sunday i saw high test for 2.77 here:(

RaptorRacer45
08-10-2005, 08:51 PM
just hit $2.35 here, luckly i have a friend whos mom s a manager at the Sunoco so i get the inside scoop on when prices are gonna change and all........If Quads were street legal my Truck would never leave my driveway:cool:

08-10-2005, 09:08 PM
$1.91 in Davie Florida (got info from a friend their)

08-10-2005, 09:10 PM
$2.11 in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami areas..

Must be Bush Country ;)

TCracin440ex
08-11-2005, 08:08 PM

well said, but i dont think bush is going to get us off of foreign oils for one reason...him and his family are in the oil business...and his pockets are bein lined due to our high gas prices...he could order drilling in alaska and gas prices would drop...but he doesnt want to do that because him and his family are being paid

i wont expect gas prices to ever drop down under 1.50 anymore b/c of bush...and i bet we wont see a dramatic drop until this mofo is out of office...

gosh i remember when bill clinton was in office...gas got down to $.95 gallon, and people complain about him gettin his rocks off...hell gas got over 2.15/gallon now....sombody needs to be in there polishin bush's knob

TCracin440ex
08-11-2005, 08:11 PM
oh and gas prices here range from 2.29/gal. to 2.50/gal. for 87...

Pappy
08-11-2005, 08:14 PM
someone is going to have to explain this too me....

when oil prices rise, the cost of gas rises also. when oil is bought at a higer price it affects the price of the gas we pump in our cars(among other products)

the oil refineries are paying more, the gas stations are paying more, and we are paying more. bottom line is that noone except the oil producing nations are making the extra money. with that in mind, how is bush making money?

FoxRacing81
08-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Guys, as posted before, please keep your comments about Bush out of this thread. Even tho this thread isn't about Bush, half of you guys have no idea what you are talking about. The president doesn't have anything to do with gas prices no matter what some of you guys wanna think.

But anyway, we already had like 3 threads about that, so keep them outta this thread.

-Justin

TCracin440ex
08-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
someone is going to have to explain this too me....

when oil prices rise, the cost of gas rises also. when oil is bought at a higer price it affects the price of the gas we pump in our cars(among other products)

the oil refineries are paying more, the gas stations are paying more, and we are paying more. bottom line is that noone except the oil producing nations are making the extra money. with that in mind, how is bush making money?

idk...these are just my opinions...and if wanted i could delete my post...i mean bush has the power to order drilling in other places but hes not doing it...

all i kno is im tired of payin for these high gas prices...i think the foreigners are trying to burn the united states and get us stuck between a rock and a hard place....im not blamin it all on bush but his name fits in the equasion(sp) somewhere

DvxDirtSlinger
08-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
well said, but i dont think bush is going to get us off of foreign oils for one reason...him and his family are in the oil business...and his pockets are bein lined due to our high gas prices...he could order drilling in alaska and gas prices would drop...but he doesnt want to do that because him and his family are being paid

i wont expect gas prices to ever drop down under 1.50 anymore b/c of bush...and i bet we wont see a dramatic drop until this mofo is out of office...

gosh i remember when bill clinton was in office...gas got down to $.95 gallon, and people complain about him gettin his rocks off...hell gas got over 2.15/gallon now....sombody needs to be in there polishin bush's knob

WELL SAID!!!..........damn i remember way back when, when my mom would drive clear accross town because the speedway station would have gas for .97 and the shell on this end would have it for 1.02......another reason why its so high is because they know we are going to buy it no matter how much it costs, we are depended on it. back when gas was 1.30, we all complained but we still bought it. when it went up to 1.50, we all complained but still bought it, it hit 1.75 and we still bought it. it hit 2.00 and we still bought it, now its nearing 3.00, and guess what, we will still buy it. its just going to go up from here. we need to start drilling in alaska, to hell with the indangered cricket or what the hell ever is up there

Pappy
08-11-2005, 08:23 PM
clinton also had the choice of drilling in anwar, but he chose to open up our stratigic reserves which helped spook opec into keeping prices stabilized.

as we move to a more world oriented economy things like this are going to affect the usa. gas and oil are but a small part of what is happening to this country, and none of it is good and i doubt any president really has much they will be able to do to change it.

and i think we all are tired of paying high prices, not just for gas but for food and almost every other product that has incured price increases due to the fuel cost.

oh well, ill keep this in mind as i pump race fuel out of my 55 gallon drum into my quad:cool:

TCracin440ex
08-11-2005, 08:26 PM
oh well, ill keep this in mind as i pump race fuel out of my 55 gallon drum into my quad:cool:

at this rate race gas is almost becomming cheaper than regular gas...race gas here is i think 3.15/gal for 110octane....

Pappy
08-11-2005, 08:29 PM
lol.....a few weeks back i filled up a few 5 gallon cans with cam2 at $3.15 a gallon and thought that very thing. the only reason the race fuel hasnt gone up here is because they are still pumping what they have bought and i cant wait to see it skyrocket to $8 gallon.:(

its supply and demand, we demand it and the rags supply it. the mistake bush and bush sr made is that they didnt just take over saudi arabia :devil:

TCracin440ex
08-11-2005, 08:33 PM
lol.....a few weeks back i filled up a few 5 gallon cans with cam2 at $3.15 a gallon and thought that very thing. the only reason the race fuel hasnt gone up here is because they are still pumping what they have bought and i cant wait to see it skyrocket to $8 gallon.:(

its supply and demand, we demand it and the rags supply it. the mistake bush and bush sr made is that they didnt just take over saudi arabia :devil:

well the demand for race fuel aint that high....not every car out here can burn race gas...believe me if my truck could burn race gas...and reg gas was more expensive i would straight up burn race gas...plus cam 2 smells SOOOOOO good....i cant get enough of that smell

Pappy
08-11-2005, 08:36 PM
and to think i bought a diesel because it was running cheaper then gas at the time. its all my fault, i jinxed us all:p

TCracin440ex
08-11-2005, 08:36 PM
since the demand for race gas aint through the roof...i bet places that sell race gas still have their tanks full since before gas prices went up

arround here there is a guy that sells cam2 by the 55gallon drum for i think 140 bucks..which comes out to right at about 2.50/gal of race gas

TCracin440ex
08-11-2005, 08:39 PM
and to think i bought a diesel because it was running cheaper then gas at the time. its all my fault, i jinxed us all:p

id love to have a diesel...go to www.freedomfuelamerica.com they sell a kit that teaches you how to make your own diesel out of old veggie oil out of frenchfry cookers and such

they did a report on that stuff on trucks... $.16/gal of home made diesel vs whatever it is now...

and some places that cook their foods in oil actually PAY people to come get it and take it off the property...

Pappy
08-11-2005, 08:39 PM
since the demand for race gas aint through the roof...i bet places that sell race gas still have their tanks full since before gas prices went up

yes, that was my point.

but you can bet that when the supply needs refilling the price will skyrocket.

gas stations earn around 6 to 8 cents per gallon on regular just for anyone that didnt know that. taxs on each gallon can run over .60 cents per gallon. if the states wanted to give us some relief, the tax could be restructured but i dont see that happening anytime soon.

Pappy
08-11-2005, 08:42 PM
i know of a few folks that run thier diesels like that(on chicken oil) but seeing that mine is an 05 id hate to have a warranty claim denied over that.

i also know someone who heats thier garage on used cooking oil. saved him a bundle this winter. ofcourse you got hungry when ever you went in his shop:huh

waste oil burning furnaces work great if you can afford them. there are alot of ways we could offset the cost of gas, but we are too damn lazy

TCracin440ex
08-11-2005, 08:45 PM
idk if that would void your warrenty or not...its the same thing it works the same way....

lol...when you said something about getting hungry when you went in his shop...i heard a little something like that before

a guy that i kno has these trash cans...they smell like vanilla...and he has like 9 or 10 of them floating arround the shop and everytime you go in there you always get a hungry taste for vanilla...

idk what they are made of but it smells pretty damn good imo

trick450r
08-12-2005, 07:28 AM

funny you say this, my sister wrote a letter to her congressmen (providence RI) and she voiced her opinion on this topic. He wrote back to her with a 3 page letter stating that the amount of oil in said drilling location would be barely enough to supply the U.S for around 6 months, and it will take atleast 6 years to get here, in other words, our time would be better spent researching alternate forms of fuel...and for the people who believe all the BS they here about "oh theirs barely any oil left on this earth" well i want to let you know that we strike oil EVERY DAY and we really have no idea when and where we will strike into a BIG oil well and the prices will drop...but i do agrre with guy400 on uncapping our national reserves .

duke416ex
08-12-2005, 07:53 AM
I don't care what we do I would just like to see gas and fuel get cheaper. It finally got to 2.50 here, I know it has been that high for many of you for a while, but not here. Those festivas are looking like a better investment everyday.

I wish race gas was only 3 here, but the cheapest I found it was 4, I was gonna start running U4 in the quad, but it's 10 a gallon, to rich for my blood.

Pappy, I was gonna tell you cut me a deal on the diesel and then you can get you a gas burner since it's cheaper now, ;) but then you said it's an 05 and as much as I want one I need to probably stay with about an 03 to keep it a little cheaper. What fuel milage do you get with the cummins?

Atkins
08-12-2005, 09:19 AM
I heard something along the lines of it being illegal to run diesel fuel that is sold for off road type vehicles(excavators and other construction vehicles) because the road taxes arent there. Would this same rule be applied for fuel that you make yourself?

duke416ex
08-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Don't know, but unless you have enough money laying around to build your own refinery I would just pay the taxes. Oh, and it is illegeal to run offroad fuel in an onroad vehicle b/c of the taxes and I would never slip a little of the pink fuel in with the road fuel:o

Quad18star
08-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
I heard something along the lines of it being illegal to run diesel fuel that is sold for off road type vehicles(excavators and other construction vehicles) because the road taxes arent there. Would this same rule be applied for fuel that you make yourself?

I don't know about in the states , but up here in Ontario it's illegal to run Heavy Equipement fuel in your every day vehicle . My aunt and uncle own a forestry company , and they got busted once for running equipement fuel in their trucks . BIG fines were handed out . Needless to say they don't run it anymore . Up here they do random checks of fuel in personal vehicles for those that work in construction /forestry .

I noticed the other day , they started posting pie charts at the pumps explaining why the cost of gas is so high . Apparently something like 46%-56% of the price we pay for fuel is tax , the next largest percentage was the refining costs , and the seller ( gas stations) only make about 2% profit .

Guy400
08-12-2005, 12:44 PM

waste oil burning furnaces work great if you can afford them. there are alot of ways we could offset the cost of gas, but we are too damn lazy That's how my uncle heats his barn in the winter. He has a several-hundred gallon tank hooked to an oil furnace and he burns people's used motor oil they've changed themselves. He only uses clean used oil, not crap with anti-freeze, trans fluid and who knows what else in it. He heats his barn where he stores his camper, dozer, quads and other landscaping equipment for free.

DvxDirtSlinger
08-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
Don't know, but unless you have enough money laying around to build your own refinery I would just pay the taxes. Oh, and it is illegeal to run offroad fuel in an onroad vehicle b/c of the taxes and I would never slip a little of the pink fuel in with the road fuel:o
90% of the farmers around here run farm fuel, most of the cops around here understand that they only do it to save a little and they just nod it off and pretend like they didnt see anything

I-7
08-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Regular Gas jumped from 2.49 yesterday to 2.58 today. :( :eek:

MOFO
08-13-2005, 06:40 AM
[B]idk...these are just my opinions...and if wanted i could delete my post...i mean bush has the power to order drilling in other places but hes not doing it...

sorry but I have to jump all over this one!

Stop and take a look in the mirror! Its the liberal Democrats, environmental wackos that are preventing us from drilling any where else!!!!! Right now they are moving, or have moved legislation to allow us to build more refinery's and drill into another plan. When it was part of the Energy bill, it was filibustered by the democrats....so please, dont blame us for this problem. President Bush IS trying to get this passed!!!

Please do not post junk again - when its based on lies.

Kyle_Racer_31
08-13-2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by I-7

Same here in Southern Illinois

Quad18star
08-13-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by I-7

I've seen gas jump over 10 cents a litre in a day ... that's a jump of over 30 cents a gallon . Hell I wish it would only jump 10 cents a gallon .

08-13-2005, 08:20 AM
imma start taking a syphon with me around and get some free gas at the parking lots

Tommy 17
08-13-2005, 12:12 PM
jumped 12 cents here... i filled up the other day at 3:15 at 2.36... when i drove back past the sheetz and hour later it was 2.48

TCracin440ex
08-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
imma start taking a syphon with me around and get some free gas at the parking lots

i thought about that too...i bet with these high gas prices there are going to be alot of gas theft going on...including syphoning and drive offs

K-Dub
08-13-2005, 08:10 PM
From what I have read the biggist problem is not enough refinerys (sp). I seen an article that said there where 2 refinerys being rebuilt and a third that was rebuilt but the company that owned it was leaving it idle because they could make more money that way. If they restart it will drop gas prices, plus they will have to call the workes back from layoff. I read it in some trucker mag my dad gets. I dont think the answer is more wells but more refinerys.

2001300exguy
08-13-2005, 10:56 PM
went from 2.27 to 2.59 here